Pandemic's Art and Modding Corner! Bringing Pretty Back since 2017!

PM it to me please :slight_smile: Thanks

2 Likes

UPDATE:

Finished the latest Render. It’ll be released to Patreons tomorrow at around 4pm EST! Keep an eye out. That means public will see it Tuesday at 4pm EST.

Some neat stuff has happened the weekend. I am now a PS3 owner. Gonna be playing games on that for awhile till I can pick up a PS4 or upgrade my PC (PC being more likely).

Gonna be doing a People With Swords story render! So keep an eye out for that. There are talks of linking future mods into the story so fun times! In a few weeks, I’m hoping to purchase a new Graphics Tablet, gonna be doing some livstreams asap of my learning Digital workflow and render stuff.

Have some new plans for Youtube and Twitch for the new year. Including some creative series as well as some game playing, including my favorites like Halo, Modnation Racers, LittleBigPlanet and Minecraft along with other neat things! Doing some concept doodles for a logo design, it’s nice to have the “Pandemic Knight” as you guys have taken to calling him as a mascot but I will need something original.

Let me know what you guys think! I know I’ve said a few of these things before but I feel much much awesome coming on.

6 Likes

@Pandemic Sounds really neat. I’m excited for the livestreams you mentioned. I love art livestreams <3

2 Likes

There will be a delay on the render :confused: Some of the models have the voxel lines showing up. Won’t be released till it is fixed

5 Likes

Hi Pandemic, would you be interested in doing a 2d pixel art ship for the game i was working on? i ask just out of interest really as my programmer art is very limited but it’d be interesting to test out an idea of yours :smile:

UPDATE:

Nihonjin just got a status update! We’ve been working on it really hard and hoping you guys will enjoy the new ways we’re going on certain things, If you haven’t seen it yet check it out here:

http://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/nihonjin-japanese-themed-mod-being-updated/2289/401

So, the Kingdom image will be made to match the lighting of the others, once it’s done I’ll remove the Nihonjin villagers and supply the .blend file to the community. That way you guys can make the image and not spend 4 days learning how to do it.

I do have new ideas for Furniture Expansion Plus! I’m planning out 3 more sets for it, such as a Dungeon/Castle Set, which will have Iron Bar Doors and Windows, hanging prison beds and other fun things! With the floor/wall tiles being out there are MANY more things I can do with the game :smile:

For a general update, I just got a new job that i’m lovin and doing well in. I narrowed my PC build down have some ideas for things I’ll be doing in the future. Right now I’m really hoping it works out, and i’m working harder to make it so.

Renders will be slowing down (as seen as of late) because I work 8 hour days doing alot of heavy lifting and I’m just too tired to do render stuff, so I’ll be relegating render stuff to the weekend. Sticking with the 3D design topic, I’m going to be switching to Maya once I get the new PC. Blender is great, but Maya is just a lot more relevant for what I want to do in the future.

Once again, nothing stops. Gears are always grinding in my mind for things to add to FEP and Nihonjin. Got some neat ideas for renders. In the process of fixing the latest one, hopefully you’ll see it soon :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Congrats on your new job! Looking forward to your mods.

I’ll agree maya is a great step up from blender, and is a great product regardless. But have you considered 3DS Max instead? I’ve always enjoyed it more.

1 Like

I did consider 3DS Max. Though what was my tipping point is the fact the Maya atm is more wider used in a professional environment. I already know 3DS Max and Blender, and learning Maya is just one more program to add to the list.

I have contacted a lot of animators and a majority of them say Maya is the best for it, and I really want People with Swords to be more than just a idea. As I’ve said before, it suits the needs I have now and preps me for future projects :smile:

Qubicle Modelling:

7 Likes

How to use this 3Dmax plugin?

I don’t understand.

The programs I use for the posing and scene creation are mostly free. I don’t use 3DS Max now, but I do have experience with it. Currently I use blender with the Materials Cycles Converter.py and Voxel Pirates Animation Plugin for Blender. If I do end up going back to 3DS Max I’ll most likely use that plugin though.

RELEASE:

So, It’s been awhile since I gave your eyes something pretty to look at so I decided for a mutual release!

This one gave me some rendering issues. The infamous export Qubicle lines appeared and vanished. Took me a bit to find the cause but I did! This render took 8 hours to render. Yeah, talk about an improvement!

This one is actually based on one of my early alpha towns. Of course water and bridges and the other items I just throw in there, but the general idea is there :stuck_out_tongue: One of the bigger ideas I wanted to try was to make stockpiles more realistic, you can’t tear a ladder down and revert it to logs so I wanted to show that. In my opinion I think it works.

Let me know what you think! Anything you’d like the see in the future? Leave a comment :slight_smile:

For now I’m being summoned by my spouses folks to decorate a christmas tree… it’s gonna be a fun day!

PS: Christmas Render may happen, not 100% sure if I have time :confused:

12 Likes

Blender I use is not used to, is not very convenient, only is my feeling. Do you use blender to make a make pictures of the tutorial?

You make the picture film is very good-looking, I like it so much. Christmas is coming, I am looking forward to the Christmas tree!!! And, of course, Santa Claus!

2 Likes

I don’t know if this has been mentioned yet, but the devs made your thief/goblin picture the thumbnail for the Fan Media Category :smiley:

3 Likes

@TurtleSquish, with permission!

3 Likes

UPDATE:

We are now the most viewed thread on discourse… feels weird. Never thought I’d get this high at all, just goes to show hardwork and determination will yield results :smile:

Now there are a few things coming up!

Firstly, My 1 first render is almost a year old… yikes. It’s been awhile. So I’ve decided to go back to my roots and revamp the very first render I ever made in my current level and style. Most likely I’ll make it a larger graveyard with other undead and creatures lingering in the night :slight_smile: The same pose will be used of course, just updated techniques and revamping generally!

Secondly, I’ve ordered my first PC part! Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 TI Superclocked 2GB GPU! I know it’s a little low but it’s just a starter, it’ll get streaming and recording started :slight_smile: Hopefully it’ll be starting soon :smiley:

Third, I dont have the time for the Xmas render :confused: Sorry guys but it wont be happening.

Lastly! What would you like to see me do in the New Year! Give me some topics and suggestions for FEP, Nihonjin (Of course these will be filtered through @Avairian and @Hyrule_Symbol [Welcome to the team!] ) and Renders! I wanna hear form you guys, hopefully I can make the first render of 2016 a community suggestion! I still do have the desert village and Nihonjin Render (since the last one fried). Feel free to leave a suggestion!

With that, I bid you happy Holidays! I’ll hopefuly be around up till New Years but idk how often :slight_smile: See you on the other side!

PS: Suggestions can be video or livestream ideas/topics. I do plan on getting back up and running soon, so they are on the table!

8 Likes

Sorry to hear that :frowning:

And…

[grabs pencil]

Well… That means i’ll have to be the one for this year!

A community like this deserves a Christmas/Holiday artwork!

5 Likes

Holiday artwork! Let us not forget about every one else!

4 Likes

UPDATE:

Working on the Graveyard Attempt #… 7? I think so. Yeah, 7. Not having too many issues, deciding to be a little cute with this one! Here’s a early WIP:

Wanting to mess with bridges that arent wooden. Really like this one though, didn’t take long either :smiley:

I plan to have Wisps, Zombies, Skeletons, and hopefully (really strong hopefully) a Necromancer. Idk how much I can fit but this place will be in disrepair and damage.

6 Likes

that poor door, if the necromancer is there he should send a skeleton to fix it so that the property value goes back up

4 Likes

UPDATE:

So, My internet has been shut off. So updates wont be happening until the new year since they are refusing to turn it on.

Continuing on the Graveyard as well as a few others, testing some new ideas. Sadly I don’t have a new image for you guys :confused:

But in all likely hood the new year will see an immediate release!

5 Likes

sorry to hear that! Glad you’re enjoying the new job and learning Maya - if it’s of any help/motivates you to continue, it’s what is widely used in the film animation industry (at least it’s what my friends use). Probably won’t visit here for another few weeks (until I get a computer with a working “s” key), but I hope you enjoy the new PC in all its glory. We’re looking forward to seeing these renders next year!

5 Likes