Okay, New Builder Testing again LoL, Tridale remake

So gonna try building a town first before i try major projects.

Had trouble at first again did get a few problems, but after several trials and error finally got this to build

the few things i notice that was causing me building problems

• Overlapping walls: When building this i have to overlayer certain walls or rooms in a sence (1 wall over another to make 2 rooms) Both wall overlap and still exsist, cuase the hearths AI saying that they can not build it, certain walls would go red. {workaround: erase the walls or wall and overlap them or build the wall out of the voxels only}

• Items:
    placing items is fine but sometime they disappear where it cuase you to replace the item, but doing so make the build error out, cuasing the UI to go crazy and make tons of noise and lag, (workaround: save the build and game before placing any items in each room, so when it does you can just reload w/o fear of loss)
    As above bu item do disappear they fall to the bottom,(found this) making the build think they still exist in the build, they all go red and hearths can not build. (workaround, pan camera out find items on the bottom of the world and delete from build)

• Gameplay and building play:
    Major performance issue overall (usually don’t get this in previous version until i have a lot built and 50 hearths, ie Ravenloft and Tridale builds)
    UI lag but no game lag, seem tied to the building UI, (reloading game corrects this so far)

This is what i have found so far

recap, when building build make sure you do not over lap walls, as it will cause the walls in those area to go red, Always save your game will building before building the build or making major changes. Lastly if you have everything else correct and it say the build is too complicated for the AI, scroll the cam out and see if items in the build dropped or moved and you do not have voxels going too far in ground they cant reach it.

I will cont this build till i find more and enjoy building this town,
If all goes well it will be Tridale A24/25 the Church of Cid town

Also I’m building all my houses and shops in the style of RPG, meaning floor on floor and multi-bed rooms

4 Likes

Still going at pic will come soon, lots of bugs to fight through, lots of saves and reloads, and lots of lag due to performance issues, but still chugging along.

Teaser

Blast from the past: remember this :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Still getting there through all the bugs, but Tridale is coming along nicely

Blacksmith shop/house and work area about to get built, finish the fishing area and a Farmers house:

5 Likes

That wall detail :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Not much, been fighting bugs, but im being patient and its paying off, so far Blacksmith shop/house
Townsquare and the next project Tavern/cookhouse

2 Likes

Tavern done, town growing

6 Likes