No hostile spawning

Summary:
There are almost no hostile spawning in my save file.
I’ve made it to 25 hearthlings, 15k net worth but nothing seem to spawn anymore. I had about 10 waves of enemies spawn early game and made it through the wolf quest but I’m now stuck.
Ogo’s dialog tree made it up to the point where it says he is attacking but he didn’t spawn. No other hostiles have spawned since and if I trigger the Hearth of Glory for a fight, I briefly get the fighting music and it stops after about 30 seconds and I get the message saying I progressed to the next wave.
I’ll have to make another game to see if I can reproduce it since I haven’t made it far yet in this version. Every game seems to fail in a different way due to bugs.

Steps to reproduce:
Not sure this can be reproduced as I haven’t had that before. I thought you might still want to look into it.

Expected Results:
Quest progression working, being able to fight enemies.

Actual Results:
No further progression possible.

Notes:

Attachments:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fqObrLIKSZXKzbzGuVOHYc6uBbiR957G/view?usp=sharing

Version Number and Mods in use:
Alpha 24.7
Canyon biome
Yangz Yings
Armis Maximus
Green Mesa Biome
Autoharvest Mod
Smart Crafter
Better Storage
Lorkis Biome

System Information:
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz
32.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 818MHz (10-10-10-27)
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z97-PRO GAMER (SOCKET 1150)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (ASUStek Computer Inc)
2794GB Seagate ST3000DM001-1CH166 (SATA)

Welcome to the forums, @blancostarz :slightly_smiling_face:

Could you upload your savefile?

1. Find the save folder for the saves you wish to upload. By default, they are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install).
  2. Zip the folder.
  3. Right click the folder (should be a long set of numbers).
  4. Left click on Send to in the menu that appears.
  5. Left click on `Compressed (Zipped) folder).
  6. (Optional) Rename the folder to something different than the default set of numbers.
  7. Upload the save.
  8. If the zip is less than 10 MB, you can upload it directly. Either use the upload button or drag and drop it into the compose window,
  9. If larger than 10 MB, upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

If your town was completely walled, it’s likely that the monsters couldn’t find a path to your town and didn’t spawn. Sometimes they also need some space. But with all the changes that have been made recently, it could be that something’s broken.

Thank you for the reply.
I did indeed wall myself thinking that doors would still leave a path to my town. There are walls all around my town with 4 entry points covered by tunnel doors.

Savefile: NoSpawning.zip - Google Drive

1 Like

in my settlement i’ve gotten to the same point but my town is not walled in at all, I’ve reloaded the file b/c the flute was in the wrong position.I have no mods installed and I’ve not triggered the hearth of glory.

@AvonZapper64 which version are you running? stable r860?
In the unstable version we’ve changed the spawn algorithm, so now monsters should always be able to spawn, regardless whether they can reach your town or not.

im running on the stable version of the current alpha, i would’ve responded earlier but i couldn’t find the notification