No monsters bug

After a few games, I decided to start a new save. I selected the normal difficulty and selected my spawn location: an island surrounded by water. By Deepmun 8, I built a bridge to reach the rest of the map. It is now Deepmun 15 and no monsters have appeared, not even the goblin demanding tribute. This leads me to believe that the town needs to be connected to the terrain to be subjected to raids, as slabs count as a building only.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Choose normal difficulty (it probably does not matter if it’s normal or hard) and choose the Ascendancy in the forest.
  2. Reroll the map until an island is found. Then settle there.
  3. Build a bridge from the island to the mainland.

Note: This was alpha 21. (probably doesn’t matter)

hey there @Jerry_Lin, welcome to the discourse :smile:

would you be able to provide your savefile? To upload a save,

locate the folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install), zip the individual save’s folder (not the entire saved_games folder), and upload it. If the *.zip is less than 10 MB, feel free to upload it directly to the Discourse. If larger, please upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

Unfortunately, I could not locate hearthstone in steam apps. Would this screenshot be helpful

huh, that’s odd, you followed the file path i posted?

based on the screenshot i can’t see any reason as to why monster wouldn’t be spawning, they have access to your town, along with fog of war to spawn in… it’s hard to determine anything without a save though :confused:

The following things may have caused this issue I think:

1. I used console commands to finish building the bridge, since the workers stopped building it for some reason.
  2. I set it to peaceful mode on accident.

Hmm… That might be it…

In your game, hit Ctrl+C, then type “get_game_mode”. Tell us what it says.

1 Like

The mode is currently normal, but I have managed to get the link to my save.

Note: I previously said my game was in Deepmun 15, but it was actually Deepmun 11.

Google drive link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4ZR8oiOB1L4NDAtUDJFbVZmZ3c/view?usp=sharing

Can you upload a zipped file, not a .rar file? Just follow what 8-bit posted in his first reply.

alright, i’ll check that out right now :slight_smile:

edit:

huh, after building a ladder up to the next mountain level around the area of the red square,

i got an undead raiding party spawn almost immediately… not sure why though since they spawned on the lower level, i’m going to page @linda to take a look.

1 Like

There is only the option to compress it for me. I’m bad with computers haha.

Thanks, I’ll go see if the monsters spawn if I wait long enough.

Really? You should be able to right click the file, then mouse over send too, and it should have an option “compressed (zipped) folder”.

But it doesn’t really matter since 8-bit looked at it.

Hi Jerry_Lin,

I just checked your save, and it seems like the raid location selector has a hard time placing raids / camps due to the lake surrounding the town banner (this is counted as center of town). The raid placement range usually falls within the lake, which it can’t place on. If you move your blue town banner out into the grass across the bridge, your raids should work.

3 Likes
  1. If this is the case then, if I move the banner away from the town, monsters will come to the banner? not the settlement?

2. does the safety standard banner affects the center of the town? (ex. blue banner is hundred blocks away and a standard is near a town) or it’s just a place for hearthlings to chill?

3. does the safety standard acts as a blue banner for new arrival hearthlings if the blue banner is inaccessible?

1 Like