New Hearthling spawn point

I had a problem in A17 that a new Hearlthling spawned on the opposite corner of the map, in the water. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

okay this is definitely a bug, hearthlings shouldn’t be able to spawn in water, not to mention that far away from camp… err… is it @Albert who works on the spawning mechanics?

3 Likes

I have this same problem with a mod I was doing. But usually it only happened when the town was enclosed by mountains, and on the picture above there seems to be plenty of space at the same level, so maybe it’s unrelated.

It might be an edge case of the spawning algorithm.

Yea, I wasn’t in the mountain. Just building next to it. Had plenty of room all around (open & trees) to each side. That Hearthling ended up dying from not eating.

1 Like

I also experienced this bug.
My hearthling spawned on the opposite corner on the map, but even though he wasn’t stuck. Like the Hearthling underwater, he still did not attempt to get to my village. I even tried to promote him to give him a reason to get to the village.

He did start to move after he got hungry and also went to collect the promotion after he had satisfied his need for sleep and food.

I’d love to have a save game right after this happens. Also mention if there were any unusual building activities going on (deleted buildings, console destroy of a structure, etc).

1 Like

I’ll see if I have any saves before that (I save often) That Hearthling was if I remember correctly #11-13, so the game was fairly fresh. No console commands and no building removal.

1 Like

Albert, Luck. I have a saved game that is 645ish AM before the Daily Update and it spawned that Hearlthing back in the water like the picture above.

@ChicagoPhil, to upload a save, locate the folder in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install), zip the individual save’s folder (not the entire saved_games folder), and upload it. If the *.zip is less than 10 MB, feel free to upload it directly to the Discourse. If larger, please upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

Here it is.FarSpawnPoint.zip (6.1 MB)

1 Like

@ChicagoPhil - Found the bug with your save. We had a versioning problem that was nuking the entire player territory. Fixed for the next build. Thanks!

2 Likes

Excellent, Thanks. Looking forward to it.