Last year I posted about a Automatic Image Galleries - post a bunch of pictures in a post and you can easily navigate between them (yeah no more opening and closing each image!) While this is great, all the images still appear in the post on after another, requiring a lot of scrolling.
Enter Slideshow and Grid galleries. Now you can add multiple images to a post and have them display in a neat slideshow, or automatically arrange into a responsive grid.
To use the new image galleries:
- Ensure all images are “large”, and that Discourse creates a lightbox for them. Small images (those that are already displayed full size) do not work.
- Upload all your pictures to the composer. Ensure all images are on a single line.
- Highlight the image code:
- Click on the gallery button of your choice.
- A static preview of the selected images will appear in the preview pane.
I’ve included samples of each gallery below.