Music and Soundtrack

Haha not at all, thank you very much for it :slight_smile: Steve’s just overzealous and excited and who doesn’t want friends like that?

4 Likes

@1moretroubadour I assume music will also be something easily implemented by players into the game, so go for it! Nothing to lose really.

3 Likes

Raj, please do, maybe if we all send them emails suggesting you we can pester them into letting you make more :panda_face:

2 Likes

Just to jump in with something else, drawing from Gnomoria - I don’t know if any of you have played it, but the original music was this old style 8-bit music, he’s recently had some orchestral versions of the tracks done, and you now have the choice of which type plays whilst you play.

Being able to choose certain soundtracks, or create your own for relevant portions of gameplay would be awesome.

Edit: just to elaborate on what I mean by choosing your own:

So in the Music menu you would have ‘Battle Music’ of which there are 10 different pieces all are on by default and will play in a random order, you can then pick and choose which ones you want to play and which you don’t, and you can also import your own into this section

Save the currently selected pieces of music as your own soundtrack, choose between soundtracks.

Replace battle, with anything really - peaceful, building, seasons (spring, summer, I won’t patronise you all any further, I’m sure you are aware of these things we call seasons).

3 Likes

So great! Can you make more?

3 Likes

@Raj check out my thread and discuss some of the music you’d like to see in game and your vision of how to impliment that music nad what it’d sound like.

1 Like

Just listened to the music and in my mind I saw the settlers fell trees, build houses, till farms (even heard the sounds of a small village in my head) and just go by their daily lives.

Fantastic work! :smile:

2 Likes

This thread was made first though, that doesn’t really make sense to make more x)

2 Likes

Oof, that sounds amazing… that’s so good! It kind of makes me imagine starting out in the snow, and just exploring to see what you can find. Something I would like to see from the game’s soundtrack is a bit of consistency. Meaning, some games of the sort only feature music when something is happening, but when I’m building and working and doing things I like to be accompanied by a constant stream of sounds and music, so I’d really like to get that from this game. I’d really like for it to be filled with sounds and ambiance effects and all that :slight_smile:

(I think this one perfectly feels the look of the game so far!)

2 Likes

Wow, thank you very much for all the kind feedback! I’ve spent what time I had this week trying to put together a new demo, this one exclusively for Stonehearth. I really hope I can get a chance to contribute to the project, one way or another. It’s unmastered and the levels are everywhere so it sounds clearest with headphones.

Thanks for taking the time to listen! :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Found my password! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Raj I really admire your work… very emotional without feeling overwhelming. I love uplifting & moving music in light hearted games with an epic scope like Stonehearth. I think it really gels with the feel that Radiant has cultivated with Stonehearth. I certainly wouldn’t mind listening to your music while playing… well anything. :wink:

6 Likes

@Raj even if your material isn’t featured in the game, you HAVE to mod it in. Somehow, some way, it’s gonna end up in this game!

4 Likes

both are excellent pieces, and are dripping with “16 bit goodness”… :wink:

5 Likes

I’m sure this will end up in the game somehow, be it officially, or modded, for some reason this really reminds me of Kingdom for Keflings.

4 Likes

I got major goosebumps dude! Damn awesome work Raj.

4 Likes

You will be able to contribute your music easily through mods.

Certainly I wish you all the best in having the creations you offer here being included.

4 Likes

Absolutely stunning. @Raj I just finished formal letter of recommendation of your work to Tom. I’m just a fan, but maybe it will help!

I would like to hear some battle music!

4 Likes

Wow, this is really impressive work, I’d certainly love some of this sort of stuff to be official music for the game!

4 Likes

Amazing. I hope your music is featured in this game!

3 Likes