Mounts and Carriages, expanding multiplayer

So multiplayer is coming along very nicely which means it won’t be long until we get people wanting to send resources between towns or simply want to visit each other. Now not all towns will want to be right next to each other meaning that hearthlings will have to cross great distances. So why don’t we add in some kind of mounts and carriages to transport supplies between cities faster than on foot?

2 Likes

Nice, good for single player too. Always wanted carts for those long distance mining runs.

Love the idea and actually sugested it before.

Not to break the joy but dont expect this anytime soon (better said not in a long time). Modifying the AI to cleverly use mounts is real hard in the current way the AI is programmed.

I have been thinking hard of a way to maybe create a mod for this to make it easier to travel long distance but its not an easy task.
I currently think about a system where there would be some sort of mount/carriage between two points but even that is very hard.

Real mounts are hard, but you can probable fake it by clever hackery - stuff like the mount actually being attached to the hearthling + speed buff + an animation that offsets them to look like they are riding.

1 Like

What about mine carts on a track system? They could ride them or put goods into them.

1 Like

You know probably similar code if you did it right.

If it works and looks right who cares if its ‘physically’ correct. I mean to move the resources your probably just going to end up putting them in an invisible chest anyway.

Also isn’t it just a matter of sprites and the speed buff? I’ve never looked at Stonehearth code but would it be possible to just merge the two into one hit box turn their sprites invisible and then rendering another ‘mounted’ sprite frame over the new physical space using the coloring / body piece ides to skin it.