Modding Stonehearth: first steps

What do you mean? Once you have split the matrix you keep the separated elements and export them as a single .qb-file. If all the namings have been done well, Stonehearth will put them together.

but do i need to put them in the the exact middle of qubicle? where the 3 lines meet?

That’s where you should take a look on the existing .qb-files for humans in Stonehearth. They are not exactly centered and the matrix has a certain size (to align the model). Just take one as a template and you should be all set.

1 Like

easiest is to open an existing qb file from stonehearth.

• open qubicle
  • drag the qb file to qubicle (If you not already have the fixed version)

Then look at how they are set up. position + naming.

Even better is to just change those models to your liking and export it.

1 Like

@voxel_pirate With the Qubicle Constructor Stonehearth Edition. Will it be possible to export your files into a program like Blender?

@Skull24 Unfortunately this will not work as Blender requires you to provide an .obj-file which you can only create with the Home or Master Edition of QC. .qb-files cannot be processed in Blender. So if you are interested in animations, you might want to upgrade your edition or wait for QC2. @Tim mentioned in another thread that

“…Qubicle 2 Play editions will feature a very basic 1-click OBJ exporter.”

… or if you are as a tough cookie as @chimeforest is, you can take a look into his alternative approach:

2 Likes

Thank you again for all the help. @voxel_pirate

@Skull24 Be warned, my guide is not for the faint of heart! It may brake your mind or shatter your soul!
But if you have any questions don’t be scared to ask me :smile:

@chimeforest Thanks, I will wait a while before I try to animate anything.

Can this be done in SH. If so, how and when?

going solely by the video image, I’m assuming you mean mounts?

I mean the animation, is that possible.

Not completely sure, but I don’t think this video was made inside Minecraft but rather in a tool like Blender with the assets of Minecraft. If it was, yes, you can do this also with Stonehearth assets… actually right now if you like. But that’s quite some work.

2 Likes

What @voxel_pirate says it is likely not made inside minecraft itself.
Here is iwhat @MStony made:

2 Likes

oh wow, i forgot about that one… thanks for the reminder! :smile:

looks for an “arrow to the knee” emoticon

@MStony Well done sir. I think if we all teamed up together. We can make a lot of good content. I just wish animation software was easier to use.

Apologies for bringing up ‘another’ voxel game.

I also backed the “Spark Rising” voxel game, at a level that allowed be to gain a copy of
Qubicle Constructor that was specific to Spark Rising.

Can anyone tell me how readily that version will work for Stonehearth,
or how it compares to the $11 Stonehearth version spoken of here?

Can you export in .qbformat? If yes, the versions will be probably similar.

Hey there, the spark rising edition is a special edition limited to 100 copies and is mostly a re-branded Home Edition, so yes, you have all features needed to mod stonehearth.

Oh and since I’m here… I will start to create Q2 videos this week explaining the new features. And I will announce another edition this week: Qubicle 2 Micro.

4 Likes