[Mod] Playable Goblins v0.0 (Not downloadable yet)

cool, thanks!

Goblin footman:

1. new model for wooden sword
  2. using goblin footman outfit minus the helmet

Hair styles:

1. added 2 new hairstyles that can be changed in the customization window
  2. removed all base hairs on the goblin head models to allow for custom hair styles.

Armor:

1. custom wooden shield & custom reinforced shield

Carpenter:

1. can craft wooden shield & reinforced shield instead of the default shield (latter might be given to a different job)

Edibles:

1. Edible roots: work similar to berry bushes but spawn in the swamp (they don’t drop seeds)

Problems:

1. still having problems getting custom classes to work properly ;~;

3 Likes

What issues? I’ve messed with many jobs/job types.

Ahh well currently im trying to make a thief class and whenever I click on it in the jobs menu I keep getting this error: release-843 (x64)[M] Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'description' of undefined TypeError: Cannot read property 'description' of undefined at n._updateUi (http://radiant/stonehearth/ui/game/promotion_tree/promotion_tree.js:413:40) at SVGGElement.<anonymous> (http://radiant/stonehearth/ui/game/promotion_tree/promotion_tree.js:189:18) at SVGGElement.__onmousedown (http://radiant/stonehearth/ui/root/js/libs/d3.min.js:1:4870)

I tried looking this up and someone said to mixin my jobs, so i tried that and I can’t get it to work to no avail. currently i’m referencing the footman’s description and stuff for the description & requirements so I don’t know what else could be causing it :sweat_smile:

wait might have found my mistake… have to try it first though

Got it working, made a silly mistake where I didn’t change the alias in the jobs index…

So it was trying to refrence : stonehearth:jobs:thief instead of Goblin_Kingdom:jobs:thief
thank you though :joy: noticed it cause i was looking at the files again after reading your question.

finally got the empty shell for the thief class in!

now the real question is how will he work?

my first immediate thought was “well what if human camps spawn instead of goblins?”
these camps would need to be able to have a stockpile with random items in them.
and then I would need to re-work the npc thief ability to steal so it would work on these npc camps.
this would allow you to just designate looting on said items and hopefully just the thief would go and try to pick them up due to it’s ability.

idk if this is the best way to go about it but that’s just the first thing that popped into my head.

3 Likes

That sounds cool I think what you’re saying can work. I’m not sure how easy :smiley: as that type of job never occurred to me(As in, to steal back from npc/person)

Cool!! I really love this idea.
I think thief can be more like Rouge-like class,
like they will disappear when they approaches camp ,
but actually they are invisible before they attack instead,
they may drop out enemy’s weapon when attack or just do once fierce damage but they need to hide into shadow like they disappear.
Just some opinion of mine,and I really like this mod’s concept,keep work!!

Ya, and I just realized that by default you can steal… the loot ability already works on enemy stockpiles!

So somehow just need to make camps with bigger stockpiles & items.

Gotta say I like the wooden sword you made!

1 Like

Here’s all the custom objects so far (forgot to post stand alone pictures)

In order (Left to Right)

Wooden Sword

Wooden Shield

Primitive Anvil (Was thinking maybe goblins don't know how to make proper anvils)

Reinforced Shield

Wooden_Sword
Wooden_Shield
Primitive_Anvil
Reinforced_Shield

4 Likes

Thanks, I based it off of the wallpaper I currently have of the stonehearth goblins :grin:

The “data/gm/campaigns/ambient_threats/arcs/trigger/ambient_threats/encounters” might be a good place to look, it has create thief camp :smiley: . though you probably already found that.

Ya I skimmed over it and saw it but hadn’t looked into it yet, thanks for the info :grin:, so end goal replace camp spawns with humans, increase stockpile size, and give them a variety of items hmm then I also have to make sure that workers try not to run into these camps when told to loot stuff… wonder if that’s part of the common_task, or something else. cause it would be terrible for you to say go steal this, then all your workers get attacked / killed

Loving the primative anvil! Did you change the recipe too to include some wood?

2 Likes

Thanks! Going to when I make the recipe, I just made the model while I had the editor open :laughing:

I used the carpenters workbench as the base for the anvil, rounded the log (just by a block), changed up the supports, changed the cracked pattern on the logs edges, and added the bolted in plate.

I love how it came out! :grin:

3 Likes

I love the aspect of this mod and it looks like it’s goona be really awesome. As you wanted ideas I would maybe suggest only when you have nothing else you can think of to add you could maybe try and add in a world map which allows you to find settlements and go to them and you could either just rush in a kill everyone and take their stuff or you could stay back and make your own settlement near them and plan an attack. What would also make the game more realistic is for these villages around the map to be functional camps that if you wait too long to attack they will build up a base and an army just as you would do in the normal game. You could also add in other enemy camps that will raid that settlement as well making it easy to clean up a fight if a camp nearby attacks a loses. Just a suggestion that would make the game more interesting

Was testing the idea of a new singular class: Chieftain (based on the knight currently)
The chieftain armor is my altered version of the Goblin_Boss_Outfit (split the helmet into a separate model & altered the flag pole on the back)

This is possible by making a talisman for the class and giving it as the starting talisman & not adding any recipes for the item, thus making it unattainable!

2 Likes

Or you can make a story line to obtain the talisman. :smiley:

1 Like

True. I haven’t testing anything relating to the story elements yet so I’m not sure how hard it would be, but thats a good idea.
Thanks! :grinning: