[MOD] LocksofManyHair + LocksofManyClothings

Okay, I have convinced my ipad to let me at least send the snippets over from the laptop to post screenshots. So here’s your base one, @MelOzone , with the added bit at the hairline:

This is pretty much the “before”; I have two different ways I started to go with it from here. Impending pictures once they download so I can upload them (lol…)

2 Likes

Sigh, computer crashed so have to start my alternate one again. Pity @8BitCrab has been too busy, this is right up the gentleman-crab’s alley…

2 Likes

So, quickie attempt #2, or as far as I’ve gotten into it while working on dinner - a bit simpler and more sedated, even compared to the first one I did;

Haven’t changed the colour of the base so far, was indecisive between using the brightest or the darkest there.

May I also go on the record saying that fauxhawk is inherently a very weird hairstyle even before trying to voxelize it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

i’ll see what i can do, don’t expect much though :wink:

1 Like

I refer you to my quickie posted above your response, as a “you can’t do any worse” wager :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Heyho I seem to have stumbled upon a “bug?” with this mod. While rolling my characters or when I try to custimize them with Homf I get an error message:

It pops up and when I click ok (the only way to close it) Stonehearth shuts down.
I tested it with no other mods installed and still got it while rolling my characters.
I also have a problem with the position of the hair it seems to be “1 Pixelline” to high I tried to show what i mean in the Pictures below. The first one is from Alpha 15 LoMC the next from the new Alpha 17 LoMH

I have this with every hair from HoMH. I installed Alpha 17 (humblebundle Version) totally fresh so there are no remaing files from the older Alphas which could confict. Did I maybe installed it wrong or forget something to change? Thank you in advance!

thx for the feedback i have lowered the sideshaved - and for the error looks like one of the hairstyles doesnt work … but im honest i cant find it ^^

1 Like

Hey first thank you :slight_smile:
so I tried around a little bit (try and error with the help of Homf) it seems the error is because of the male hair hair_mel_fauxhawk_right
after I deleted it (in the json and the file) the error didn’t appear anymore.
About the position of hair it seems to be a female hair problem I looked at the male hair and they seemed to be ok but many of the female hairs have this 1pixelline too high “thing” if you want I could make a list of the hairs I think are to high would this help?
Sorry to sound like a nag I really appreciate your effort :+1:

no prob at the moment we work on a new version :wink: and thx for the info with the fauxhawk ^^

1 Like

oh wow cool :slight_smile: thank you then I will be nice and wait patiently :wink:

1 Like

but a list would be nice ^^

Please do! I noticed this myself, but have been busy so I keep forgetting to make a full compilation of the offenders

Ok here is my list: ( TH= too high / MNR = maybe not right / D = different)
hair_kitty_bejeweled.qb (MNR)
hair_kitty_long.qb (TH)
hair_kitty_queen.qb (TH)
hair_kitty_workout.qb (TH)
hair_kitty_fancyshaggy.qb (TH)
hair_sheep_pixie.qb (D)
hair_8bit_hawk2.qb (D)

I compared the alpha 17 hairs with the alpha 15 version of them when I thought they looked “wrong/different” so these are the one I found.
Short Explanation:
The hair_kitty_bejeweled.qb is not to high but the strands in the face don’t connect with the rest of the hair like they did in alpha 15 (see pic)
The hair_kitty_queen.qb is 2 pixels to high it shows significant at the ear/hair position (see pic)
hair_sheep_pixie.qb and hair_8bit_hawk2.qb look different from their old (alpha15) versions. I don’t know if this is on purpose or not so I thought “just put them in”. (see pic)
I made compare screenshots of the hairs but I don’t want to spam the chat full with Images so here are just the ones I thought might help to explain what I’m talking about:

I hope that helps. I will jump into my bed now and dream of cute and fashionable hearthlings :slight_smile:
Short Edit: these are the hairs I “found strange” I don’t want to say that this list is complete and I don’t want to offend someone with this opinion! Just wanted to make this clear it’s hard when you only have writing and no mimic and gestic.

1 Like

Well, the kitty ones, I’ll double check, but since I was already editing/altering them, they should be better once new catalogue is finished and implemented

-edit-
(Looks like I didn’t put te Queen on a model, so gonna double check both when I get home to my proper machine to check hairlines)

1 Like

I’m going to redo both of my hairstyles in question (ornate & queen) from scratch; I can’t do much for the other two unless I have consent from @sheepasaurusrex & @8BitCrab respectively. Though if they give their blessings, I’ll address the hairstyles they contributed to the mod’s catalogue.

2 Likes

seeing as i don’t have time to update it, go right ahead, and feel free to change anything you dislike with them

1 Like

you have already changed the queen :wink:

Yes, but I only altered the model as it was - I didn’t fully re-aligned it with a model to see where it sat.
Hence that I did so again, making the third version

because of the positioning - dont worry thats my part :wink:

Ahhh… well, seeing it’s me, I may have made some other tweaks… :wink:
So, be so kind as to use v3 instead of v2, if it is not too much extra work?

1 Like