[MOD] Locks of Many Colours:Version 4 now available! [A16]

Hey, it’s a starting point. Can always update the pack later if/when there’s more, eh?

2 Likes

Heyho because of your question for the directiory for the mixintos:

stonehearth\entities\humans\female_1\female_1.json
stonehearth\entities\humans\female_2\female_2.json
stonehearth\entities\humans\female_3\female_3.json
stonehearth\entities\humans\male_1\male_1.json
stonehearth\entities\humans\male_2\male_2.json
stonehearth\entities\humans\male_3\male_3.json
stonehearth\entities\humans\male_4\male_4.json

and for rayya:

rayyas_children\entities\humans\male_4\rc_male_4.json

edit: also the best is to load it up on github so that i can help you :wink:

4 Likes

I made one, somehow or another! What do I export it as to put it up on here exactly? I know nothing about working with voxels

You made a model to contribute? Export it as a .qb :smile:
I will be most happy to add it to the collection, with your name worked into the model file name (that’s what I’ve been doing with those from @8BitCrab) - would you want it in the full colour scheme?

Currently, I’m doing each model in:
Black - Blue - Green - Grey - Ice - Lime - Orange - Pink - Purple - Red - Silver - White - Raindow - Greyscale

Unless I misunderstand what you mean in terms of you having one to put up here?

1 Like

I’d love to contribute! I totally have other work I really need to be doing, but eh, whatever, right?

sheepasaurusrex_pixie_f_purple.qb (155.0 KB)

It’s supposed to look like my hair, haha. That thing in the back is a cowlick.

Also, what do you mean by full color scheme exactly?

I use Window’s Snipping Tool to take a capture of my workspace for my screenshots, hehe

I listed all the colours I’m currently using as a colour scheme for the models included in the pack,

And with a little effort, I can probably do up a version in the base blonde-sandy-brown

1 Like

Oh, ok, I get you, kind of with like the eyebrows up there? You dont have to do that, its fine, haha.
I can probably do that myself. Do you think you could tell me the RGB codes youre using?

Also, do you think the hair I made is usable? Its the first time I’ve made something in voxels before

It looks nice! Very simple, quite cute. :smile:

Sure! They’re not perfectly exact model to model since I adjust them by eye on occasion, but I have a table I’ve been using as a rough basis:

2 Likes

Alright, I can do that. Can I suggest a lavender be added? for selfish reasons :innocent:

I might change the coloring on this a little bit and resend it, as well as doing the color scheme stuff, is that cool? I’ll also name it a little better, haha.

Hahaha, no problem, and sure, I’ll see if I can figure out a nice lavender and add it in :sunglasses:

1 Like

also, @sheepasaurusrex, rather then uploading the files directly to the discourse, would you be able to send them through googledrive or dropbox?

1 Like

I might just play around a little bit with the color I have now and find something manageable if thats ok.

I can use google drive, but does it support .qb files?

just put the .qb files into a folder/.zip :wink:

1 Like

I gotcha, I gotcha :wink: s’no problem, I can do that

@Kittyodoom for the lavender, what would you say to a 140 80 200 and a 150 125 200?

also, question, what should I name it? Like, should I follow the whole female_head# thing, or just name it pixie or something? I want to stay as consistent as I can with what you have already

1 Like

[quote=“sheepasaurusrex, post:34, topic:18624”]
Like, should I follow the whole female_head# thing, or just name it pixie or something?
[/quote]the models i’ve sent @Kittyodoom have just been named what they were, so “mohawk” and such, so just calling it “pixie” would probably work, unless @Kittyodoom has been renaming them after i send them…

edit: also, a lot of this current convo would probably be better suited for a PM rather then this thread…

1 Like

Alrighty then, thank you :relaxed:

I have been, admittedly. My OCD demanded it.

For examples, the ones I have done colours for so far of the ones you sent me:
female_8bdbltail
male_8bithawk
male_8bithawk2

2 Likes

Have all the coloured models up and ready to go! …I hope! Not positive on the alignment of all of them, admittedly

Sooo i have test it:

there are two issues: first the exports doenst work (rendererror and also troxel cant open them) … so i have test it with 3 heads to export them with magica and then stonehearth take it without render error BUT the positions is totally wrong xD So the head looks in the wrong way and is on the bottom xD

edit: issue with the wrong way corrected but i dont find a way to set it on the neck xD
edit2: ok i have found a way … not the best but the best with the free programs xD

first you import the file in magica and rotate them so that the face will look to you and export them as qb then you import them into voxelshop and rename the layer at first to head. then you also import for example: head_1_blonde and set your head to the same place and remove the layer of the blonde head and export them without compression … now it works ^^

but i think it would be easier if someone who has quibcle2.0 just replace them with an original - rename the layer and export them :wink:

1 Like

here the example of the manifest and the female_1 and female_2:

LocksOfColour.zip (866.6 KB)

just female_1_black works at the moment … and i dont know why there are so many femals :wink: sooo many hairstyles :smiley:

1 Like