[MOD] Hearthlings of Many Faces

Hey. Sorry, but that problem lies with Lomc. :slight_smile:

It’s because that mod is replacing the original body.qb model, and I suspect you’re using an older version of that model; one that existed before TR introduced the palette swapping code.
I noticed that it’s only the male’s body model that has that problem, so you can just update that model with the newer one. :slight_smile:

upps ^^ ok i have replaced it and now it works xD

Update!

This one is somewhat long overdue, but there are some improvements made to the lock system. Tooltips have been added for some of the buttons, as well as making the gender buttons pop out a bit more.

Also a bug fix for when a hearthling would die, then the customization screen would not trigger for the next hearthling that joins. Because of this fix, when loading a saved game the customizing will be triggered again for all your existing hearthlings. But this only happens the first time; all subsequent saving and loading will behave the same as always.

In other news: I’ll be going abroad soon and be gone for, oh, about two months. I’ll still be lurking about in the forum from time to time, but don’t expect any mod updates from my end during this time. So I’ll be crossing my fingers that they won’t break before I’m back! :grin:

oh man, i’m definitely going to need to use HoMF in my next playthrough!

well i hope you have a good time traveling mate! though i must ask, will you be around to answer modding questions during that time? (i just don’t want to be paging you if you cant answer XD)

Omg this is amazing. I have been looking for something like this since the start of playing the game! Thanks so much for sharing a way to customise my village before I start it! Getting it. Right now. Nothing can stop me.
EDIT: It is downloading.
EDIT 2: I have installed it.
EDIT 3: Dang I gotta go to bed :frowning2:

Thanks, I do plan to! And yes, I’ll do my best to answer anything you guys throw at me, just don’t bet on any quick answers. :wink:

@TheKey123, I hope you’ll be happy with it! That is, when you eventually get a chance to try it out.

Don’t know why but in Alpha 17 cunstomization screen pops up every time I load the game. Is it a bug or a feature? :disappointed_relieved:

It’s probably a bug, but I found that if you change “customize_embarking” to false in the user_settings.json, it will stop the customization screen from showing up each time you load a game. The only time it will show is when a new hearthling arrives.

Yeah, as @erisiah says, it’s a bug. I’ll get around to fixing it when I’m back from abroad, in the meantime you can use the workaround that he mentions also. :slight_smile:

First off, I love this mod, it’s the biggest thing for me to be able to customize my hearthlings. However I’m experiencing an issue where after embarking everything is fine and I can customize the first seven but when the eighth person arrives the checkmark button doesn’t do anything so I have the hud popup sitting there. I’m on the latest build and I’m wondering if anyone has experienced/fixed this problem?

@MrBlargenator Hey there I have this problem once in a while when a new Hearthling joins my settlement too. I didn’t find a fix for it but a quick “workaround”. While the window is up and you can’t “do anything to close it” just save your game and load it again it will let the window pop up again you can customize your heathling as usual and the checkmark button works again. ( If you load the game and it’s in pause mode just set it in play mode again the customizewindow will pop up after a second and it will set itself in pausemode again to customize in peace like always). I did this many times and never had a problem with my savefile or anything but if you are worried about you savefile just make a copy of it before you try this workaround :slight_smile:

Thank you so much, that worked like a charm!

Hi. Sorry to hear that you have some problems with the mod, it’s good though that @Kagea found a workaround for it! Nevertheless, it’s something that I’m gonna fix as soon as I get back home. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hey! Sorry to be that irritating person, but is this mod getting updated for the new branch?

just need to change version number - no more fixes needed xD

To get it working again, it’s probably just the version number that needs changing. But there’re some bugs that I want to get sorted out at the same time. Also, I just now got back from abroad, and tomorrow is a busy day but I’ll try to get it done as soon as possible. :slight_smile:

ok i have found something - perhaps already fixed i dont know with a18 it wants to customize after everyload again and after rolling i get an error with set_name

develop-3116 (x64)[M]…/services/server/customizer/customize_hearthling.lua:366: attempt to call field ‘set_name’ (a nil value)stack traceback:
[C]: in function ‘set_name’
…/services/server/customizer/customize_hearthling.lua:366: in function ‘set_hearthling_name’
…mf/services/server/customizer/customizer_service.lua:97: in function 'set_hearthling_name’
homf/call_handlers/customizer_call_handler.lua:33: in function <homf/call_handlers/customizer_call_handler.lua:32>

develop-3116 (x64)[M]c++ exception: lua runtime errorstack traceback:

Can perhaps a command be added to open the window in-game at anytime?

I believe I can whip something up for the next release. :wink:

Should be relatively easy to enter the changing state at the type of a command.