local ArenaWorld = class()
local Point3 = _radiant.csg.Point3

function ArenaWorld:start()

microworld:create_world(50)

– Create all the Goodies.
local goodies = {}
for x = 1,3 do
for z = 1,2 do
local footman = microworld:place_citizen(-5 + (x * 3), -5 + (z * 3), ‘stonehearth:jobs:footman’)
table.insert(goodies, footman)
end
end
self._baddies()
end

– Rip off and murder Radiants create_citizen function :smiley:

function ArenaWorld:place_baddies(x, z, job)
local ENEMY_PLAYER = ‘goblins’
local pop = stonehearth.population:get_population(ENEMY_PLAYER)
local citizen = pop:create_new_citizen()

job = job or ‘stonehearth:jobs:worker’

citizen:add_component(‘stonehearth:job’)
:promote_to(job)

radiant.terrain.place_entity(citizen, Point3(x, 1, z))
return citizen
end

function ArenaWorld:_baddies(x, z, job)

– Create all the Baddies.
local baddies = {}
for x = 1,4 do
for z = 1,4 do
local footman = ArenaWorld:place_baddies(-5 + (x * 3), -5 + (z * 3), ‘stonehearth:jobs:footman’)
table.insert(baddies, footman)
end
end

end

return ArenaWorld

Change the goodie job to your crusader, and it should work ~ works for me anyway.

There are probably better way to achieve this, but I’m still learning, so … bite me… :smiley:

arena_world.txt (1.1 KB)

Rename to .lua and run as a microworld

4 Likes

Wow thanks for that @Froggy!

Also, @Relyss, is there any way to make existing mods ‘pre-compatible’ with other mods? I think it would be funny if you could have a mixin in Candyland to replace the crusader’s hammer with a Marshmallow Mallet if a player decides to install both mods :laughing:

2 Likes

That would be funny :laughing:
I think the mod might not want to get fully loaded if I did that, but if it skips the error silently it might work :smiley: (I’m talking about installing only Candyland without Crusader).

But I’m afraid that the UI will prompt an error when the Crusader mod is missing. I’ll give it a try anyway.

And thank you very much for the script, @Froggy :smiley:!
I really needed the arena to test all the combat stuff for the upcoming features of my mods.

Edit after testing the arena_world: Wow, the hammer is really OP :flushed: (at least against footman goblins)…
But this is perfect because now I can work on both mods at the same time :laughing:
Balancing the combat in this one and adding new monsters on Candyland… Honestly my jellies would look like slimes on normal Stonehearth… Might as well release some things separately :confused:

2 Likes

Thanks @Froggy for the battle arena. It spawned 4 spirit 1 footmen for me so they just ran away lol

3 Likes

Updated the mod for Alpha 17. It probably needs more balancing, since other combat classes were added in the last year. :disappointed_relieved:

5 Likes

oh my goodness, my favorite mod is back, with holy punches and all!

1 Like

Note to all: Expect mod breaking soon…

Updated the OP with A18 download link. I’ve fixed the compatibility issues, it should work correctly now.

2 Likes

Bug Report

Game version: A18 - dev 3116

1. No Crusader Armor

2. Healing Aura is learned at Lvl 2, but the icon shows Lvl 1

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the bug report, @dalabo :smiley:

I’ve updated the link in the OP with the fixes. Seems like the armor didn’t get the new catalog updates. The display level of the healing aura was indeed wrong.

3 Likes

The crusader will replace his shield with a wooden buckler.

Modify the iLevel in the long_shield.json to something like 2 or 3.(not sure what the defense on bronze/iron shields are).

That’s no good, he should only equip crusader equipment, so it might be something else besides the ilevel :sweat:

Thanks for telling me!

Edit: Ok, I’ve changed the ilevel. In the carpenter’s recipe for the wooden shield, it will still appear as equippable by the crusader, but it won’t be equipped. I didn’t want to remove the melee_combat role from the crusader just in case it will be used for something else.

2 Likes

Would be neat if you added in mixins for the best shield that knights can use so crusader can use it too. It’d still match the color theme well

1 Like

is the mod compatible with Alpha 19 ?

I’m not sure. Thanks for the call, I forgot to change the category.
I’ve been quite busy lately and didn’t have the time to test it properly.

1 Like

so… should I try and see if it works ?

Sure :slight_smile:
But if you find any bugs, I’m not sure when I will get to fix them :disappointed_relieved:

well… the game starts so I suppose it works ?

It works, but need some work. For a start, all strings are missing. If the last version is a18, than there is those changes in entity_data from a19 to be worked on. And now with a20, you need to rework the models, the foot (toe) is z fighting with the armor.

4 Likes

How about opening up the mod for other modders :slight_smile:

Bruno seems to have time to fix and update it
Hrr Hrr :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

works perfectly for me