[Mod] Crusader mod [A18]

Well, I tried making the battle arena myself, ripping code from the streams, as I think that one user had successfully replicated it, but I think it didn’t work for me.

Nice idea :smile:

And also the Holy Punch… >.>
Don’t forget the Holy Punch…

The shield is actually as tall as a hearthling. Well, a little less, but it covers from the feet to part of the head.

3 Likes

never forget the holy punch…

1 Like

Perhaps in the future we could have a priest of some sort to bless the crusader’s weapons? Also, he should totally do holy damage, which would have a bonus against undead enemies.

Hope he gets into the (unmodded) game!

3 Likes

Good suggestion @phector2004. I’ll put it on my list; we’ll see when I get to it. In the meantime, you’ve got a couple of options:

a.) force enemies to spawn in the real world using the stone hearth debug tools. Download them from the git repository, install them into the mods folder, and use the campaign browser (the book) to spawn undead/goblins/whatever you like.

b.) If you want to do this from inside a micro world instead of inside the game, you have to turn on the game master service, which is off by default in test worlds. That would be:

radiant.set_realtime_timer(“SettlementTest game master start”, 500, function()
stonehearth.game_master:start()
end)

You could just call stone hearth.game_master:start() but the realtime timer makes sure that it’s starting after the bulk of the game as loaded.

4 Likes

When someone mentioned the paladin, I got and idea. Pehaps we could have TWO holy warrior classes? Crusader and paladin. The crusader would be attack oriented, and the paladin would be defense oriented!

1 Like

local ArenaWorld = class()
local Point3 = _radiant.csg.Point3

function ArenaWorld:start()

microworld:create_world(50)

– Create all the Goodies.
local goodies = {}
for x = 1,3 do
for z = 1,2 do
local footman = microworld:place_citizen(-5 + (x * 3), -5 + (z * 3), ‘stonehearth:jobs:footman’)
table.insert(goodies, footman)
end
end
self._baddies()
end

– Rip off and murder Radiants create_citizen function :smiley:

function ArenaWorld:place_baddies(x, z, job)
local ENEMY_PLAYER = ‘goblins’
local pop = stonehearth.population:get_population(ENEMY_PLAYER)
local citizen = pop:create_new_citizen()

job = job or ‘stonehearth:jobs:worker’

citizen:add_component(‘stonehearth:job’)
:promote_to(job)

radiant.terrain.place_entity(citizen, Point3(x, 1, z))
return citizen
end

function ArenaWorld:_baddies(x, z, job)

– Create all the Baddies.
local baddies = {}
for x = 1,4 do
for z = 1,4 do
local footman = ArenaWorld:place_baddies(-5 + (x * 3), -5 + (z * 3), ‘stonehearth:jobs:footman’)
table.insert(baddies, footman)
end
end

end

return ArenaWorld

Change the goodie job to your crusader, and it should work ~ works for me anyway.

There are probably better way to achieve this, but I’m still learning, so … bite me… :smiley:

arena_world.txt (1.1 KB)

Rename to .lua and run as a microworld

4 Likes

Wow thanks for that @Froggy!

Also, @Relyss, is there any way to make existing mods ‘pre-compatible’ with other mods? I think it would be funny if you could have a mixin in Candyland to replace the crusader’s hammer with a Marshmallow Mallet if a player decides to install both mods :laughing:

2 Likes

That would be funny :laughing:
I think the mod might not want to get fully loaded if I did that, but if it skips the error silently it might work :smiley: (I’m talking about installing only Candyland without Crusader).

But I’m afraid that the UI will prompt an error when the Crusader mod is missing. I’ll give it a try anyway.

And thank you very much for the script, @Froggy :smiley:!
I really needed the arena to test all the combat stuff for the upcoming features of my mods.

Edit after testing the arena_world: Wow, the hammer is really OP :flushed: (at least against footman goblins)…
But this is perfect because now I can work on both mods at the same time :laughing:
Balancing the combat in this one and adding new monsters on Candyland… Honestly my jellies would look like slimes on normal Stonehearth… Might as well release some things separately :confused:

2 Likes

Thanks @Froggy for the battle arena. It spawned 4 spirit 1 footmen for me so they just ran away lol

3 Likes

Updated the mod for Alpha 17. It probably needs more balancing, since other combat classes were added in the last year. :disappointed_relieved:

5 Likes

oh my goodness, my favorite mod is back, with holy punches and all!

1 Like

Note to all: Expect mod breaking soon…

Updated the OP with A18 download link. I’ve fixed the compatibility issues, it should work correctly now.

2 Likes

Bug Report

Game version: A18 - dev 3116

1. No Crusader Armor

2. Healing Aura is learned at Lvl 2, but the icon shows Lvl 1

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the bug report, @dalabo :smiley:

I’ve updated the link in the OP with the fixes. Seems like the armor didn’t get the new catalog updates. The display level of the healing aura was indeed wrong.

3 Likes

The crusader will replace his shield with a wooden buckler.

Modify the iLevel in the long_shield.json to something like 2 or 3.(not sure what the defense on bronze/iron shields are).

That’s no good, he should only equip crusader equipment, so it might be something else besides the ilevel :sweat:

Thanks for telling me!

Edit: Ok, I’ve changed the ilevel. In the carpenter’s recipe for the wooden shield, it will still appear as equippable by the crusader, but it won’t be equipped. I didn’t want to remove the melee_combat role from the crusader just in case it will be used for something else.

2 Likes

Would be neat if you added in mixins for the best shield that knights can use so crusader can use it too. It’d still match the color theme well

1 Like

is the mod compatible with Alpha 19 ?

I’m not sure. Thanks for the call, I forgot to change the category.
I’ve been quite busy lately and didn’t have the time to test it properly.

1 Like

so… should I try and see if it works ?