Here is my first mod, I hope you enjoy it:
City Planning With Pegs. version 5.0
What is this mod?
I made this mod to learn how to mod things into the game. It adds small, medium and large pegs into the game, of a stone, wooden and clay variety. With these pegs, you can stake out an area where you want to build a building in the future, so you can plan a city/building in advance.
Hearthling for scale:
All my mods can by found at my stonehearth mod repository.
How to use the pegs
First you need to craft the pegs. This goes by the batch, so search for the recipe of a Batch of Pegs (under “building parts”), rather than the recipes for the pegs themselves. To get the individual pegs, you need to harvest the batch, just how you would do with a log pile for example. Edit: Not any more.
Pegs are so small that one unit of resource can make a batch of them, the game tells you how many in the recipe.
You place the pegs in the same way that you place any other furniture item into the world. The small and medium pegs are on a corner of a block, so make sure they are rotated the right way. The big peg is centered on a block. The configuration of the pegs is up to you.
Changes in v5.0
- implemented a feature where one recipe can produce multiple pegs. This fixed the hack where I used piling mechanics for this.
- removed symbols from the mod name that the engine didn’t like me using.
- changed .zip to .smod
- moved file to github
Changes in v4.1
- changed “piles of pegs” to “batches of pegs” for more clarity as to how to craft pegs.
Changes in v4.0
- added stacks of pegs, the bigger variants of peg piles, balanced around storage, rather than crafting. These were only added for large pegs.
- make the piles for small and medium sized pegs look like a shelve when stacked. This whay, ‘stacks of pegs’ are not necessary for these sizes like they are for the large pegs. (Also, thanks @BrunoSupremo for his help with this.)
- restored all i18n() references. All texts (descriptions, flavortexts etc) are now read from the locales file.
- removed references to big piles related to harvesting piles
- changed the model_origin for uncentered models (its center being a seam, and not a voxel)
- removed invisible voxels (from different layers in the voxel editor)
Changes in v3.0
- added piles of pegs
- changed big piles into large piles
- changed to crafting pegs in batches at a time
- had a pass on the monetary value of the pegs
- had a pass on all collison boxes
- removed the collision boxes of small and medium pegs, so hearthlings can now walk on top of them. (they also can’t hit their toes to them anymore)
- probably some more small stuff.
Changes in v2.1
- fixed bug where some models weren’t showing properly.
Changes in v2.0 beta
- Added two sets of pegs, a clay set and a stone set
- Pegs now mark territory
- fixed bug where the pegs were displayed with an undefined item category.
For those who update from earlier versions:
The name change will force you to delete all pegs from your worlds when updating. The game will be searching for pegs with the prefix [Add][Model]Peg_Planning_mod, but it won’t find any, scince all are called Peg_planning_mod:…. You can choose not to delete them, but then you’ll be stuck with errors of the game swearing that those damn pegs were here just a minute ago. Sorry for this.
My vision of the mod is complete. I don’t suspect that it will need work (other than bugfixes, and compatibility updates), but I am open to all kinds of feedback.
I hope that this will be useful, and that you have fun using it. Please let me know if it came in handy.