[Mod] Brewery Mod 3.1 - Alpha 12

##Mod Edit:
@Wiese2007 got permission to, and has taken over updating this mod until @Kurohito is able to work on it again, you can find his new topic for the mod here,

##Original Post:

Welcome to my companion mod to @Froggy’s Stonehearth Cafe (Cooking And Farming Expansion) 1.4

In this mod I have added Distiller workbench for the cook as well as a few more drink recipes using the Distiller.
I have added harvestable Wild Mushrooms, Wild Blueberries, Wild Strawberries, Roses and Allium that spawn in the gameworld.
There are also new ingredients I have added; Yeast, Cocoa Powder and Sugar.
I have added a growable apple tree sapling which can be planted and will give apples as a resource
(I will be working on a better model of the apple tree)

This mod borrows models and code snippets with permission from @Froggy’s Stonehearth Cafe (Cooking And Farming Expansion) 1.4 for the drink containers and the serving containers and various code snippets.

I have removed all conflicting code and objects from my mod so that my mod works in unison with Stonehearth Cafe (Cooking And Farming Expansion) 1.4 without the Food Buff Observer created by @RepeatPan which means I have removed the Buffs gained from the various drinks. I plan to add buffs again in the near future.

• Functional Distiller (A new workbench for the cook profession, built by the cook using 2 wood, 3 copper ingots and 1 empty wood barrel) The distiller gives the cook the new ability to brew drinks such as Mead, Fortified Pine Wine and lots more.

• 9 New Crops (Crops are planted the same as standard crops by the Farmer) The new crops are growable and harvestable and produce new resources like; Strawberries, Blueberries, Tomatoes, Garlic, Cocoa Beans, Sugarcane, Rice, Watermelon and Grapes.

• Harvestable Wild Mushrooms, Blueberries, Strawberries and Flowers (Harvestable by using the standard harvesting selection tool) Groups of wild mushrooms, roses, allium, blueberries and strawberries will now spawn in the gameworld automatically and spawn on all terrain. Wild Mushrooms can be used by the cook to create Yeast, Blueberries and Strawberries can be eaten raw or used by the cook.

• Storage Barrel (Used in the recipe for the distiller and can be placed just like any other stroage/decoration.) The storage barrel is created by the carpenter and requires level 1 and 4 wood.

• 14 Drink Recipes (Created with the distiller workbench.) The drink recipes are always being added to but for now there are 14 drinks available utilizing ingredients from stonehearth, stonehearth cafe and ingredients from this mod. For a comprehensive list of all ingredients you can check the wiki: Brewery Mod Wiki

• Growable / Plantable Apple Tree (Grown by the farmer as a sapling.) The Apple tree is growable and plantable like the existing oak tree sapling once planted the tree will continue to grow and will be harvestable and provide apples as a resource.

In the upcoming future I plan on adding these features:

* Buffs to go with the various drinks

• Yeast added into existing bread recipes
  • Animated distiller workbench
  • More harvestable and growable Trees and resources.

To keep up to date with planned features you can check out the Brewery Mod Road Map

Here are some images: (I will add more over time)

The Distiller:

Wild Plants:

Drinks:
Turnip Juice Corn Mead Carrot Juice Fortified Pine Wine

Frost Berry Wine Mead Pumpkin Spice Mead Golden Mead
For a comprehensive list of the drinks available check the Wiki

Please click on the button below to download:

:exclamation: You will also need @Froggy’s Stonehearth Cafe (Cooking And Farming Expansion) 1.4 for this mod to work correctly.

This mod is also available on the Praise Mod Manager for Stonehearth created by @Shizuyori

To install this mod locate your stonehearth folder,

Steam: \Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth
Non-Steam:\Program Files\Stonehearth

Place the .smod file or the “brewerymod” folder into the mods folder located in the stonehearth directory and start the game!

When you download the .rar file from Github make sure that you unzip the .rar file and make sure that the folder is named “brewerymod” NOT “brewerymod-master” or “brewerymod-3.1” if it is please rename it before placing it into your mods folder.

both the .smod file and the folder will work the same.

If you have any issues at all or something isn’t working right please let me know. :smile:

20 Likes

I’m already getting ideas!
Peaches, bananas and coconuts for tropical areas, oranges…

3 Likes

Kurohito, some small bugs for you in Alpha 12.

1. The Brewery shows 2 ghosts when trying to place, and then places in the second ghost spot which unfortunately is not the spot originally clicked.

2. Sugarcane can’t seem to be harvested currently. The farmer will attempt to harvest 1 single plant indefinitely, never actually getting sugar.

Sorry @Earthworm for the delay in replying but I was at PAX and its taken a while to recover and ive been a bit busy with dev work on a project. I’ve uploaded a fix for those bugs, hopefully everything should work properly now, if not just let me know :smile:
The download links have been updated or you can click here: Release **Bug Fix** for V 3.1 · kurohito/brewerymod · GitHub

3 Likes

Pardon, I don’t see the crops in my farming plot;
I have the two from the Frostfeast when I use that mod, but not any of the nine from this one…

This mod requires @Froggy’s Stonehearth Cafe mod to work…have you installed it as well?

I do have cookmod.smod in my mod folder

Try downloading @Froggy’s mod again. Looks like he just updated it for A13…
http://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/mod-stonehearth-cafe-cooking-and-farming-expansion-1-4/10159/201?u=jomaxro

1 Like

I updated to the version of Cooking and Farming from a few minutes ago
Still no Brewery crops. Just one random potato, and the usual suspects.

That’s it! That is the only crop that should be in the cooking mod. @Froggy should be able to confirm this…

…also, moved this discussion over the this topic, as it doesn’t have anything to do with the Brewery Mod.

Nevermind…It seems the missing crops are from the Brewery mod, not the Stonehearth Cafe mod…my bad! Looks like @Kurohito might need to update this for Alpha 13…

I’d argue that the nine missing crops from the brewery mod, being that they are in the brewery mod, and not my mod, would imply that it has everything to do with the Brewery Mod :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Hey i started with the German translation for ur Mod, u want ah push to github for it?

1 Like

@Kurohito redeye have completed the tanslation - you must now only change all to i18n and add “default_locale” : “en” at the start of the manifest :wink: then you mod is possible for multilingual :smiley:

2 Likes

Is there an update for Alpha 13?

Heyho ^^ Actual Kurohito has some health problems, so there is at the moment no official and stable release.

BUT: The actual version works on Alpha13 too (only the crops doesnt work). An unstable version with some fixes and multilingual is on Github - GitHub - kurohito/brewerymod: A companion mod for Stonehearth Cafe - an full release will be given after some improvements :wink:

just download it and unzip it - then remove the “-master” part from the foldername and copy it in your modfolder.

2 Likes

I’ve known about this mod for ages now, and I just can’t wait to download it! It’s got great models, concepts, items and more!

1 Like

I was only interested in it for the Crops :frowning: I’d like to eventually find a mod that ads in a great deal of crops (That can be sold to travelers too – Stonehearth Cafe doesn’t do this).

hmm… i might look into making my next mod a “cash crops” mod, so basically add a whole bunch of crops that are worth a good deal of money, along with some that are used for cooking and such.

no promises on that, it really depends on how my current mod progress goes.

1 Like

That would actually be pretty cool

crops can never be selled ^^ what you mean are the products like the baskets ^^ and they can be selled … when the modder enable this ^^

but for this they must have “stonehearth:material”: {
“tags”: “XXXX”
},
also add so the trader can find them …

2 Likes