Merchant/trader will not appear?

I receive caravan events and daily reports but no traders, I am literally stuck since i cant progress without wealth since i can not sell anything, any suggestions, iv tried installing the game again, iv tried debugging, i have read through multiple forums and no one has the exact same issue to me.

how high of a net worth do you have? as they wont come until you have a certain amount.

well this is my third time trying and at the moment not much, the last two on the other hand had what i would assume enough

but the real answer to your question is about 120 currently on this save

well it has to be above 500, i just checked the files, and you have to remember they are kinda “rare”

1 Like

will bare that in mind, thank you, suppose i need to wait out this one for a while but my first save lasted 27 days and still i saw no trader, just a little paranoid that im wasting my time thats all.

1 Like

well caravans arent the way you should be trying to up your net worth. buildings will add to the total, and furniture should also add to it. though traders do give you gold, its just not the best way to try and get a higher net worth.

1 Like

welcome @shamouse1
I make it a personal goal to hit 550 on the first day (hit the food and morale marks too) :dart:and each day after that (a fun challenge); just so i can get a new Hearthling every day. try to do this and you’ll see those travelin’ folks in no time. :moneybag: :busts_in_silhouette: :couple_with_heart:

2 Likes

You can’t create any net worth by selling to the traders at all. At best it’s an even trade, at worst you are selling stuff for less than its net worth.

It is nice to see money piling up though. Encourages you to do the crafting that creates the net worth in the first place :wink:

4 Likes

woops! i thought TR had changed that, my bad!

now its starting to show that i havent played that much in the last while :grin:

you can not? my master carpenter permanently restocks 6 wooden dresser (costs 1 wood, sells 30g) which leaves me with a lot of extra fine dressers (sells for 44g) each day resulting in ~13k net worth on day 28 so far
I’d say this is a fine trade as the 1 wood alone would sell for 1g

food was the only limiter for my population for the last 7 days

so I’d say trading crafted things is a good way to gain net worth as I haven’t built anything new in a while now :+1:

1 Like

You are missing the point.

Crafting adds value to your town by turning a low value item into a higher value item.

Selling an item reduces the value of your town slightly, because you are giving up a high value item for a lesser value of coins.

There are only two reasons to sell things to the vendors:
1/ To get some gold so you can buy something (again at a loss in value) and then use it to do something profitable (like crafting or killing goblins and taking their stuff).
2/ To collect piles of shiny, shiny gold for no good reason.

2 Likes

oh ok so the “net worth” of the 44g I get for the fine dresser is aprox the same as if I keep that dresser instead ^^

Yes, although the true value of a fine dresser in the code is 72g. So they are actually only paying about 60% of the value of the item.

what? does that apply to the net worth value of the dresser too??
if not I’d better keep the dresser instead if it is that much more worth than the gold I get for it

edit:
derp… rethinking my question
the 60% is because the trader doesn’t give the full amount of gold (only worth 60%) but the “net worth” value of the dresser itself should be untouched by that (100%) so I indeed loose around 40% “net worth” when selling it

at the current stage of the game I bet there will be some kind of merchant skill level which let’s you sell for higher prices over time

thought id revive the topic, im having issues with the merchant again, and this time i am certain i have more than enough net worth. It seems to have been happening ever since the update and he wont visit my village, i yes i know they are rare but waiting 60 days i think is long enough. Anyone else have this problem?

1 Like

Well, I have a Net-worth of over 10.000 and there was no trader/merchant for about 18 ingame days, also the marke stall and the “call” command wont work either. it says “error” : "could not dispatch [funktion fn:some-random-number route:undefined]
How do i fix that?

Do you have any mods installed? I think there were some outdated mods affecting that functionality, like in this report: Northern Alliance, no Traders/Merchants?

Did you reach town inventory limit?

The error is definitely strange :thinking:

You can upload the savefile if you want, so that devs can take a look at it:

1. Find the save folder for the saves you wish to upload. By default, they are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install).
  2. Zip the folder.
  3. Right click the folder (should be a long set of numbers).
  4. Left click on Send to in the menu that appears.
  5. Left click on `Compressed (Zipped) folder).
  6. (Optional) Rename the folder to something different than the default set of numbers.
  7. Upload the save.
  8. If the zip is less than 10 MB, you can upload it directly. Either use the upload button or drag and drop it into the compose window,
  9. If larger than 10 MB, upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

I just made my own report, gonna upload the save file.

1 Like