MADNESS! Steam version was temporarily active!

Hey Everyone! We’re in the middle of testing our Steam/Humble Bundle workflow. We did not actually mean to release the game early, and the Humble Bundle/Steam download contents are going to change, a lot, in the next two weeks. If you managed to download anything, please don’t consider it final in any way, shape or form. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Why do I get the feeling this is some elaborate joke :confused:

You should have received an email from the account linked to Humble Bundle if you got it. It doesn’t just show up on the page (or at least didn’t for me). I would ask those who can’t get in to check their email, and make sure they are checking the email linked to Humble Bundle.

I hope you guys can get on! It’s so lovely and serene.

Still waiting on any word from the devs about what’s going on. I’m quite surprised at the early access I must say, and at first I was like “@PDanford why you troll?”

I was worried at first

thank you for the reply : D

Everybody thought is was a joke. But now we confirm it’s only a test of the downloading process.

3 Likes

No worries. It looks pretty awesome already. Hope you add building soon :smile:

2 Likes

Ahh ok! Well, what are you going to do? Leave the download available? And if not, would you like any of us to have it to get rid of it in any way?

I was pretty confident there was an accident involved :wink:

Whew…I thought something was wrong on my account or something… Yay.

If you have it, you’re welcome to poke at it as much as you like, but please try to keep your adventures off of Youtube. If it were only up to us, we wouldn’t mind you doing whatever, but the build includes some music that we put in on a lark, and we don’t want anyone to get angry, misunderstand, or get into trouble. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Am I right to infer that that means it is no longer available? This may become a frequent question :stuck_out_tongue:

Will do! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, and now we know we have a hole in our steam key distribution process. Thanks!

1 Like

You can’t do much in it at the moment I wouldn’t get too excited! ; )

Can’t get stone from what I’ve tried, or build any buildings, but managed to get a carpenter and build some chairs…

2 Likes

Weirdly, that’s also how I feel.

2 Likes

I am very sorry if calling it brings along any trouble, but honestly for work in progress this is absolutely awesome :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks! We appreciate your calling it out too–we’re learning how this pipeline works and if you hadn’t called it out, we might not have noticed. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why… why… why… :cry:, and ironically just yesterday I was hoping that this would come eailier and now it’s “here” and I can’t play because I have to wait till Christmas. Why…why…why :cry:.

Consider the state of the build on steam to be like Schrödinger’s cat. Is it alive? Is it dead? Is it in it’s final form? What version is it? Answers will vary depending on the weather on the internet in your part of the world.

6 Likes

@sdee we dont consider it final it was just a really COOL bug :smiley: like this per-alpha i guess :smiley:

2 Likes

Is it possible to get the Steam Version and the download Version?

we all know the big bang theory has the best description of Schrodinger’s cat … :smile:

but seriously this early release had me thinking this was all something elaborate hoax…

@sdee … shall I call back the troops? no one is needed to man the bug reports, correct? :sweat_smile:

edit: @Swift_Cube, yes sir…