Leather and Cloth Armor worse than footmen garments?

When you hire a footmen they automatically get that clothing that has a defense of plus 10. But the weaver’s armor for them gives them lower than that even though it’s supposed to IMPROVE the original armor! And they have a hire iLevel so now my footmen hve been weakened by getting an upgrade! Please fix. Tagging @sdee and @linda because this is a big problem now with the new monster update.

1 Like

i thought this was fixed back in the A13 unstable builds…

Hmm…if this is the case it would indeed be a regression. You paged the right people, so we should get a fix for this.

1 Like

Nop, it wasn’t. D: I just tried it.

1 Like

So the fix for this appears to have been implemented in Alpha 12

• Footman base armor has been reduced so that the padded vest is actually an upgrade.

Source: Alpha 12 dev-2617 - Official Stonehearth Wiki

It doesn’t say that in the equipment screen… Normal armor says +10 and leather armor says +5

Just to check, by “Normal armor” do you mean the footman uniform?

Yes I mean the armor footmen get when appointed

1 Like

Great, thanks for the confirmation. Paging @yshan!

in the files it says it only has 3 (unless i read it wrong) so i think its just the in-game text hasnt been changed.

edit: hmm… but the cloth also only has 3, but the leather has 5. so really the leather is better, but the cloth isn’t.

2 Likes

Point being, the normal garment text needs to be changed and the cloth armor needs to be buffed. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Hi Ferret, thank your again for the feedback :slightly_smiling:! We will update the craftable armor so that they are actually upgrades from the base footmen equipment.

It’s strange that your equipment screen is showing +10. Can you post a screenshot of your equipment screen? In this build the Military Uniform should be showing +3 under Def.

4 Likes

I just started a new world to show you and now the armor says +3 even though the world before said +10… Maybe it only happens for first worlds???

Oh and also, that means that padded vest is no upgrade since it is also +3…

1 Like

Padded vest will be bumped up to Def +4 :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@linda, looks like these were bumped backwards, at least in dev-2807. I am seeing the Padded vest with Def +5 and the Thick Leather Vest with Def +4. Is this intentional? To me leather armor should be stronger than cloth.

2 Likes

Summary:
In the crafting menu, the Padded armor has 5 DEF, while Leather has 4 DEF, despite the latter selling for more and requires more skill to make, not to mention that the flavor text of the Padded generally means it’s a pretty weak armor.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Get a weaver
  2. Look at Padded
  3. Look at Leather

Expected Results:
Leather gives more protection over Padded

Actual Results:
Padded gives more protection over Leather

Notes:
Should be a simple fix.

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:
Dev-2807, Vanilla

System Information:
Intel Core i7-4910 MQ, 2.90GHz
RAM: 8.0 GB DDR3
Quadro K2100M
64 bit OS

Hey there @Kasarov, welcome to the Discourse!

Looks like this has already been reported so I merged your post here. Thanks for the report, keep them coming!

This is fixed. Look for it in the next build :slightly_smiling:

5 Likes