Latest beta won't start (11.jun.2017)


I’ve been looking for this to pop up anywhere in 2017, buty there’s nothing, so I guess I may as well post this again just to let the team know the issue is back.

SH was working for me pretty well with every new version available. After some time I switched to beta builds so that I can actually have all the newest content, but the latest build is just not launching. I’ve recently got the creators update for my windows (last time I’ve played SH was before that), so i’m not sure if that may be a problem.

Unfortunately there is not much to add as a crash report, as there is no crash. The game appears as a “frame on my start bar” and disappears in a split second without anything appearing on my screen. The steam list of games also displays it as “running” just for a fractin of a second, there is no trace of the game left in my task manager, nothing. I just click, the thing appears on the bar at the bottom of my screen and there, booom it’s gone instantly.

I did completely remove the game and re-installed it in a separate folder (have two steam install folders on different drives just for cases like this one here), but this did not do anything at all. The problem remains the same.

I have no idea what else to say. I’m running Windows10 on specs above the minimm requirements, there is nothing with the antivirus software either, as SH does not appear in event logs anywhere whatsoever, there are also no system errors, dll or registry error messages, nothing at all that would indicate an issue outside StoneHearth, unfortunately.

Let me know what steps I could take to verify other options and do some actual testing on my side - i’ve got time to spare, so I’ll be glad to do some “QA” for you and thank you in adavence for support! :slight_smile:

Hi @Przemyslaw_Majkowski, that sure sounds like a crash to me! Let’s troubleshoot:

First thing we’re going to need is the stonehearth.log file. This is created every time you launch (or attempt to launch) the game. By default, it’s located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth - but it sounds like your Steam folder is elsewhere. Kindly upload (or copy/paste into a code block) that so we can see what the game thinks is going on.

While in the game folder, please also check for a crash.dmp file. This one may or may not exist - it depends how far the game got in launching before “crashing”.

1 Like

crash.dmp (117.2 KB)
stonehearth.log (3.5 KB)
There is actually a crash thingy … I was sure it’s not even starting. Ok, let’s check what You can make of it.

Thank You in advance! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the logs! It is very mysterious. :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you happen to be running symantec or avast antivirus? This release, they’ve started complaining about a file that we build called sfml-system-2, which we have not actually changed in 3 years. Could you see if your antivirus has quarantined anything from your Sh build folder?

1 Like

I’m not using either of those, nor any new files have been added to quarantine recently. At least that’s what my recent activity and quanrantined files list says.


Hm, @max99x saw that in the crash dump you were crashing in your drivers. Maybe try upgrading your nvidia drivers?


And if that doesn’t help, can you post the output of DxDiag (Start -> Type “dxdiag” -> Enter -> Save All Information -> upload the file it creates)?


My game doesn’t open either. Here the files:

DxDiag.txt (85.7 KB)
stonehearth.log (3.9 KB)

I also my R9 380 has the lastest driver installed (17.6.1).

Already tried re-downloading and checking with steam

1 Like

Ok, now, since You guys have pointed out that there is a driver related crash I did two things:

  1. Checked and installe all windows updates that were available (I have no idea if these were just there because they are new, since I do have autoupdates enabled in windows).

  2. Removed my nVidia driver AND my GeForce Experience client.

  3. Re-downloaded a fresh nVidia installer and installed everything again, but WITHOUT enabling the test driver option, so that I only use the release versions of drivers.

It works like a charm now :slight_smile: