Latest Beta: Design button ain't clickable?!

Here’s an odd one - with the very latest Beta I can no longer choose the “Design Custom Building” button. It lights up when moused over but cannot be activated.
The rest of the game seems to work - I’ve put in time playing while doing without roads and walls and such. No difference playing forest or desert peoples.

Actually, one other odd thing - I cannot place lanterns above ground level?! I can place them against a wall at ground level but no higher.

I’ve deleted and reinstalled, fiddled with graphics settings, dropped back to ‘safe’ then gone to ‘beta’ again. And I’ve successfully opened a save from “safe” version in “latest beta” and the Design button won’t work. AND I’ve tried with Zero of my own blueprints present.

Any suggestions other than “play the safe version until the next release”?

Thanks.

1 Like

The bug with the lanterns…+1

I dont have any issues with the design button in unstable, so there must be a way to fix it :slight_smile: (no solution from my end though, sorry).

Agree with @Fornjotr that I do not have any issue with build 798 x64. I have noticed an odd bug when placing an existing building down it seems to miss the top level of the terrain and attempts to place the template another layer (5 voxels) down. Is the design UI coming up at all for you?

As to the other subject of the lanterns can you move them to a higher place? If so that is a bug that has been in the game for a very long time and one that I would very much like fixed as well.

We’ve got to the beta? That is good news :wink:

hahaha… but seriously the lanterns! no mac editions ever, if the lanterns are buggy… :slight_smile:

Pushes a goblin towards @oldmacman “here catch” :jubilant:

1 Like

No chance, I don’t know where that goblin’s been!

3 Likes

So this is the button from the templates UI… When did this break?! :scream:

Hopefully, you can still use the design button from the building menu, that one should work just fine (the one that looks like a blueprint).

In the new building editor the UI is completely different so that button won’t exist.

Thanks for reporting, anyway!

1 Like

Hah! I have played the game for zillions of hours and never used that button.

• neither, I blush to say, have I ever known that I could press “shift b”.
    Yes - those work fine for me.
    Thanks Team Stonehearth for the little hint!
1 Like