Kitty's Mod Collection

Oooooh I see. GL with the remodels. I’ll go back to trying to break the game now.

1 Like

So here’s my current thought for converting formerly stone-based recipe over to the Carpenter to make the Bunny theme more attuned to the Ascendency - taking other things made by the Carpenter and adding stone.

This will also lead into the Wooden bunnies, as they’ll have stone added to them to make the original stone ones.

Thoughts?

• I like it - carry on!
  • Eh…keep the original recipes; who cares if it mean the Carpenter is using stone.
  • Ew. No. Give the Bunnies back to the Mason, right now.
  • Other; I’ll leave a comment with my thoughts, promise

0 voters

1 Like

I dunno, I feel like keeping it with the mason makes it universal. Getting a mason is easy enough for both factions. Plus I kinda like folks to stick to their wheelhouse, but that’s just me.

That being said it’s not gonna break the game so do whatever ya feel is best. I’m not one to turn down free decorations lol.

2 Likes
Well, it being universal is part of the reason against it, actually; The idea of this was that the Bunny is more something related to the Ascendency (as you don't see them in the Desert), and Rayaa's Children have the Monkey. Drawing from the fact that the Bunnies occur in the Forest (and mod biomes), but not the Desert. So the two factions draw inspiration from different sources.

Later on, they start hearing the stories from the other and learn to make the other Emblems - parallel to the amount of time it takes to unlock a Carpenter with RC and a Potter with Ascendency. During which time, either comes across the Goblins and overhear their bits of legends (and thus the Goblin inspired items that the Herbalist makes).

Well then…either my mythos was drawing from outdated information, or I’ve just had really bad luck in the past getting Bunnies to spawn in the Desert. I very genuinely did not think they occurred there; prior to posting, I decided to double check that fact and proved myself wrong.

Now the cats need to re-evaluate…hum.
Suppose this means the Ascendency doesn’t actually have anything parallel to the Monkey. Now I’m not sure which direction I’m going to go with them

1 Like

suggestion:

all major crafters get something from each animal, but make the animal related to the crafter level and item fanciness. So for example, bunny items are made from wood and stone because bunnies are everywhere. The weaver gets goblins, giving the option to make any goblin items cute and humorous rather than grim/intimidating. The herbalist gets foxes and perhaps squirrels (I know foxes are present in the desert, not sure if squirrels have an alternative there); but squirrels items require specifically frostsnaps (which don’t spawn natively in the desert), while desert fox variants require specifically cactus flowers. The potter gets Monkey items but as high-level crafts, which makes sense in Ascendancy (and eventual NA) towns because we can assume that the high-level pottery has influence from trading with RC anyway. The blacksmith gets poyos because, well, Ascendancy are already getting* a blacksmith item which is poyo themed so I figure it makes sense to keep them together.

*ok, so really it’s one of three possible paths which grants the golden poyo statue, but the other paths don’t have any animal items…

2 Likes

Squirrels do in fact live in desert/scrubland areas too. The ones in the southwest US are kind of amazing, they live in burrows underground. They chew up moulted rattlesnake skins to make a paste which they rub into their fur and tails. When a snake gets near they increase blood flow to their tails, and wave it back and forth so the snake sees a very large heat signature that smells like a snake. Thinking it has encroached upon a huge snake, the snake will leave.

Sorry didn’t mean to cause a crisis with my statement. -_- So I take it when we get Northern Alliance they’ll be Mason - Wolf? I think giving the bunny stuff to the carpenters will be fine. WAIT…have you taken into account all the new critters they’re gonna add? That might help with any re-evaluation that needs to be done.

Stonehearth Dev Stream 308: Malley + Time = Stuff

Duckduck, ostrich, mimic, boar, zilla, beetle, bitsy, doodles, deer, possibly cougar. Not sure exactly what biome each one will go into, but ya might be able to poke Malley if you’re curious or wanna make sure.

Edit: Okay I’m a dork, I just realized y’all might be talkin’ about actual in game and not RL lol. Ah well I’m leavin’ the squirrel bit as fun facts haha

2 Likes

Page won’t let me vote. I like the tack you’re taking of combining disciplines to get le fancy. Make the player earn it. Just a little bit.

I’ve been playing with Lorki’s test biome lately, trying to adjust the mining drop rates to person preferences. So far, the monuments have been the best form of stone ‘disposal’ after making piles. However, the massive wealth produced from selling them is over the top. I’m a sucker for money so may need to increase the work to make them or reduce value when you get to balancing stages.

BH

Thanks for the feedback, guys, you’ve given me a fair bit to consider for the future of the formerly-Bunny mod :slight_smile:

@BagHat - I closed the poll when I realized I was working off a mistaken concept. But don’t worry; I think I’m still going to go forward with using other items as bases. Instead of Emblems, the crafted decorations are going to be Embellishments; taking things your crafters make and turning them cuter, or making uniquely cute things :wink:

-edit-

Okay, taking @YetiChow’s input to the inspiration level in particular, I have some new ideas that I’m working with, as can be seen with the little story-style mod placeholder post. All things considered, I think I might take a step back for a bit and work on other ideas first, so I can come back to it to it with a fresh view, or maybe work on it a bit at a time on the side to other things when I get random inspiration bouts.

2 Likes

Clay Gen & Clay Ore mini mods are now both available on Steam Workshop

2 Likes

The Clay Ore mod is throwing this error on the unstable build - mod is the workshop version

release-826 (x64)[M]
std::exception: ‘‘clayore’ has no alias named ‘resources:clay’ in the manifest.’
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ‘create_entity’
radiant/modules/entities.lua:37: in function ‘create_entity’
radiant/modules/entities.lua:417: in function ‘spawn_items’
…tonehearth/ai/actions/mining/dig_adjacent_action.lua:97: in function ‘_mine_block’
…tonehearth/ai/actions/mining/dig_adjacent_action.lua:65: in function <…tonehearth/ai/actions/mining/dig_adjacent_action.lua:56>
[C]: ?

[C]: in function ‘run’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:519: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:503>
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/commons.lua:73: in function ‘xpcall’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:503: in function ‘_thread_main’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:273: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:270>
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/commons.lua:73: in function ‘xpcall’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:270: in function ‘f’
radiant/lib/env.lua:15: in function <radiant/lib/env.lua:14>

Hmm, will take a look really quickly; thought I noticed and fixed that. Do you have the latest version of it? (check if Steam has any Workshop updates?)

Yes I have the latest on everything :slight_smile: It’s not being game breaking that I’ve noticed just an oddity

Okay, my files definitely look like they’re right, so I’m going to try re-updating.
Just pushed the update through again; let me know if that fixes it? Though the fix likely only shows up on new games (because of how mods work)

OK will do - starting over again sucks lol

1 Like

Okay, work in progress on an update for Building Colors mod.
Particularly, in re-extracting my additional “material” colors - Painted Wood, Stained Wood, Glazed Clay Bricks, Terra Cotta, Dyed Stone, and Polished Stone.
These are being moved to a new “base mod” called Cattect Materials; largely so I can readily re-use the materials for other mods (and add in others).

In this base mod, I am adding an Alchemist Vat to the Herbalist:
alchemical_vat

Recipes relevant to Building Colors:

• Alchemist Workshop:

• Color Formula: Organic Resource (new material tag added to organic material)
    • Primed Wood: Wood
  • Alchemist Vat:

• Stained Wood: Organic Resource + Wood
    • Painted Wood: Primed Wood + Color Formula
    • Glazed Clay Bricks: Clay Bricks + Color Formula
    • Ceramic: Clay + Sand
      • Sand: Stone
    • Dyed Stone: Stone + Color Formula
    • Polish Stone: Stone
    • Compost: Rotten Material (new material tag added to rotten things) or Organic Resource (takes much longer)

Ceramic will include Terra Cotta; the rest are fairly self explanatory.
Does this seem too involved?

• Yes, that is way too much. Calm your tail, Kitty
  • A little; make it so you just put in the material by itself *
  • Not at all! I like it, carry on!
  • OMG! You’re giving the Herbalist more work!!! <3

0 voters

* In the cast of Terra Cotta, it would be an additional recipe of just throwing in clay instead of clay + sand.
Ceramic would stay, as I have plans for it. That I will hopefully stick to.

2 Likes

More love for the herbalist! <3

And i like having to do some work to get what i want.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, are you gonna keep a mod with the colors just for use in building with the base mats or will it all require the alchemist bit? Cause I’m kinda on the fence like I was with @Yangzhoui adding additional colored furniture to the painter.

Like yay for adding more work for classes that could use it, but I always feel like professionals would know best how to dye their materials. But we’re not talking about real life here. I like the idea of having the options for it to be basic and a more complicated option for those that want the extra challenge. But that sounds like double the stuff to maintain so the K.I.S.S. method suggests one or the other. Ugh…choices…ummm…can I phone a friend? Wait no, who am I kidding? Just like Yangs Yings I’ll end up using it no matter what you decide cause I’m not gonna turn down extra decorations or colors. Plus having to work for the colors will make them more rewarding to use.

1 Like

The building colors don’t mesh well with the new builder because of how it shows the list of colors;

So I need to parse them into smaller groupings.
To best do that, I have to make new resource tags for them to use. I had two different ways that crossed my mind; I could try doing a mixinto to add new material tags to the existing resources (“painted wood” into wood logs, for example), or I would make new ones that I can then use for other things later.

Considering it’s a fair bit of work either way, I’d rather do the latter.

There will still be some base colors added in; the Extended/Legacy and Terrain will stay in their respective categories. But the colorful stuff is all being moved back out.

1 Like

Granted, if I knew how to do UI stuff, there would be other options, such as making them list out a different way, or make each of the sets of colors pop off one (like have Painted Red in the main list for wood, then show the five shades of painted red pop up off it).

But I am of a bit limited of means.

1 Like

Totally understandable, and yeah I freaked out the first time I opened the new builder with this mod cause I couldn’t even select the resource cause it was off screen lol. Have ya pinged the devs to see if there’s a way around it? Oh jeez I forgot this is the thread I went all nerd talkin’ about squirrels in the desert IRL, that’s what I get for scrolling up. :laughing:

1 Like