Kickstarters (3) - Tactical RPG / MMO / "other"

Unsung Story: Tale of the Guardians

A rich, diverse Tactical RPG, envisioned by the master of the genre Yasumi Matsuno, Playdek, and you, the fans!

certainly sounds promising! will be watching this as the campaign progresses…

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/482445197/unsung-story-tale-of-the-guardians?ref=discovery

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen

An epic planar high fantasy MMO from renowned EverQuest creator Brad McQuaid.

not really my cup-o-tea, but i know there are some MMO fans among us, and some who probably like McQuaid… :smile:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1588672538/pantheon-rise-of-the-fallen?ref=discovery

Project Rain World

In the ruins of an ancient alien civilization, a lonely slugcat vies to hunt and survive deadly rains in a harsh closed eco-system.

yeah… … … not quite sure where this one “fits”, but it looked interesting! :smile:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rain-world/project-rain-world?ref=discovery

1 Like

While all this games look really good, I am right now engaged to Novus Aeterno which has basically stolen all my money, If you guys are interested in Novus Aeterno check it out here

My issue with games like Unsung story, they are clinging to a name. I didn’t see any real features of the game itself. Virtually no art, no gameplay, no mechanics, just a genre and a big name…gives me pause :fearful:

my hesitation as well… I will be watching for at least concept art in the near future…

yea, that bugs me about a lot of kickstarters too.
In retrospect, the only games I kickstarted, Planetary annihilation and stonehearth, begin with an epic ‘gameplay’ movie. Not with some boring talk that their game is the best. You can tell that, AFTER you show some gameplay. If you dont have anything to show, you go too early to kickstarter imo.

2 Likes

I just enjoy the thought of a “slugcat”. I like to think it is a cat with a slimy fur coat that hates salt.

The only thing I have against the game is that I wish it was 3D…:frowning:

Novus Aeterno:
The balancing that is really make no sense. If you backup this game you get “endgame” cruiser and another stuff. That is fine. BUT for a MMO it is deadly if players are stronger because of exclusive endgame ships. And if they sell this ships later on for another players they will break they own rule: Pay to win game…

I dont want to step on this game but this issue show that they already sold himself to break there own rules.

@McRib26 what makes you think the endgame cruiser provides any significant power advantage? I glanced through it and can’t figure out where you got that from? endgame doesn’t equal significantly powerful. could be a custom design or some such. who knows… (unless I missed something?)

The Rain World does look very impressive, especially with it’s procedural limp animations. The other two completely lost my interest after over a minute into the video. Too many human faces and moumbo jumbo. Blah blah blah. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Because they are say that are endgame ship. So they are maybe expensive but still the best ships you can get. So when you join this mmo some player can already build this endgame ships at the start. Dont you think they will get advantage? That is my point.
And even if you cant build them at the start this ships only backer can get (they are not only new skin) so still a very power ship that only some player can build? Balancing will her diffcult if you not make them so weak that nobody will use it and than is not the point in call them “endgame stuff” :wink:

It is 3d…If you mean you want ED out of the stream kind of thing I am pretty sure most games do not have that and it comes with the actual screen…Check out some of their streams. There is a lot of Gameplay in them. Unlike Unsung story there is actual gameplay and everything already and its due to have a full release in April.

Well, what I was talking about was how you had to plop a building down, something as rudimentary and dull as something like a browser game. While I like the 3-D when you’re zooming out of the planets, the basic 2-D plopping down buildings is a bit too dull for me.

Meh. The game was made for space combat, Not its ground combat.My favourite strategy space games usually have 2D ground combat…For those wondering its stardrive…

I guess I just disagree that endgame is synonymous with powerful.
It might be story-related. Like if the story ends with you hijacking
a tourist cruise ship, even though it’s not powerful, it’s still epic.
You see what I mean? Endgame isn’t always “most bad-ass
in terms of power” – there are a lot of ways it could be epic
without being powerful or upsetting balance.