Kickstarter - Planets³

color me… intrigued

Planets³ is a 3D open-world voxel-based RPG

STEVE!!!

Y u do dis to me? My wallet can’t take it anymore… sobs silently

Well, on second thought, it kind of looks like a cross between Minecraft, Space Engineers, and Cube World, so maybe it would be better off to just take a step back from this one.

yeah, at first blush it looks impressive… but i am definitely taking a “wait and see” approach with this one… i’ll be watching how things progress though… :wink:

OY!!! Thats my line!!!

@SteveAdamo since @ManOfRet said it for me glares there is nothing for me to say

If they’re able to translate that concept art into actual game aesthetics it will make for a step up in the genre. It lost me when it was First-Person :frowning: … but given the extensive character customization, I’d think it also must include a Third-Person perspective? Most games like to show off their characters if they look good.

Funny how when @Newf has ‘nothing to say’, he still has something to say… :stuck_out_tongue:

This seems very interesting… I’ll probably lurk around the game for a bit… seeing it progress…

Clicked “Remind me”. I may well back this :slight_smile:

This game looks really interesting.

Looks interesting, but… interesting enough to invest in on Kickstarter? That I’m not so sure about. I expect it’ll make money if it gets made, but between this, Minecraft & a whole bunch of RPGs I’m not sure it’s for me.

Lemme look at my wallet.

Sees nothing in Wallet

Damnit.

I’ll stick with Planet Explorer’s for now. Same genre, further in development, already backed and with alphas rolling out. Still an interesting concept. Best of luck to the devs.

Thanks for these notices. I’m now a backer. Another game in the cue. I really like buying games on Kickstarter, it forces anticipation. When you back a project that looks good, you are vested in it and are most likely to keep up with it’s development. Alternatively if you just hear about a new game in development that you want, you might actually forget about it by the time it releases. I could go on and on about the advantages of buying a game on Kickstarter but I would be preaching to the converted for the most part, me thinks.

I sure hope this one gets funded, it looks good. I love sandbox type games where you have a lot of creative freedom.

I was just looking on Kickstarer when I found this, was gonna make a new thread about it, good thing I searched first

Imagined by video game lovers, Planets³ (pronounced «planetscube») combines the excitement of role playing with the pleasure of construction and the boundless freedom to roam about in a 3D universe. Its intricate plot and outstanding voxel based design offers opportunities for intense action and unlimited creativity. Planets³ has been designed to promote multi-player gameplay, to share the fun with friends.
Today, in the early development stage, all the elements are in place to develop a first PC (windows) release. What we need now is your help to make it happen!

By what they’ve wrote it seems like a great game but I’d rather wait till official release till I put money towards it

Yay, they have reached their goal!

YAY! i check the kickstarter some mins ago for same reason. Now, time for pledge (35$ for 2 games, and beta+alpha) :stuck_out_tongue:

well, congratulations to the team! I’ll have to stop by the campaign again… see if they have any new footage…

So I just went ahead and backed Planets Cubed… But its rather sad when you think about it…

Being that I’m on a forum pertaining to stonehearth, and I’m talking about how I bought a game (Unrelated to it), and yet I still haven’t bought the game the forum is about.

@SteveAdamo, @Geoffers747, Can I be banned for that? :’(

I would have backed Planets Cubed, if Paypal was an accepted payment method. :angry:

Of course my dear fellow :slight_smile:

All you need to do is ask and I will happily ban you with the mightiest ban possible!