Julian's Music!

Waited until the 15th to post this one so hopefully I’m not too late!

Hello, my name’s Julian and I’m a composer. I love the ideas and look behind Stonehearth and I’m very excited for it! I have a YouTube channel where I post the music that I write. I wrote the music for the trailer for Falskaar which some of you who play Skyrim may have heard of. It’s been a really busy exam season for me the past week or so, so I haven’t had too much time to compose.

Anyway, I decided to write this piece which is inspired by Stonehearth, and I hope you guys enjoy it! Back to studying!

The New World
Link:

11 Likes

Loved it! As soon as it started I imagined a place like the Shire, I would love to listen to this while playing!

@Doug make sure you clock this one! It’s still the 15th :stuck_out_tongue:

As for your piece @Julian I’m a massive fan. I don’t really have much to offer in terms of criticism but just chalk me up as a fan of it!

Really gets across that feeling of a fresh start!

Do you want me to embed the video for you?

Oh wow. That was gorgeous. I suggest you head here:

And link your thread, meanwhile I shall just call Doug over here. stupid Geoffers, ninja me

Seriously dude. You’ll make me cry now when I listen to my stuff.

1 Like

Thanks guys! I’m glad you’re enjoying it, I am really happy with how it turned out.

@Geoffers747 Sure, thanks!

1 Like

better late than never @Julian! :smile:

now, to give this a listen…

edit: wow… that was just beautiful! very, very nostalgic vibe from that track… sort of overworld exploration…

can’t wait to hear more!

@Julian always showing up to the party fashionably late.

This song is great, and it fits the 16 bit style near perfectly. Thanks for submitting your work sir!

Doug

1 Like

Love this its really fitting i enjoyed it allot, Thanks for brightening up my day and getting me inspired and anxious for them game

I like this. You know, usually I get a feel of what the music could be about, and I have kind of an idea: the Lagomorph theme! It sounds kind of clanlike, simple, fits perfectly for a herbivore style peaceful race!

2 Likes

@SteveAdamo Thanks! I debated calling it The Explorer actually, but it didn’t fit as well in my mind.

@Doug Sorry, was busy helping Mer into his gloves :blush:. Glad you think so, thank you!

@the5minfilms No problem, thanks for listening!

@Swift_Cube It definitely feels nature-y to me. I think @SteveAdamo hit the nail on the head with overworld exploration in my mind.

2 Likes

Wow, wonderful piece of music.

its really is. I love it, its kinda heartwarming make me want to grab a sword pack a bag of food and go exploring a forest looking for an adventure and see what it has to offer, going to be on repeat for me for today

It’s wonderful! :slight_smile: I’m sure they’ll implement this to the community soundtrack!

I love this, and I think it captures the simplicity of Stonehearth wonderfully.

I think this could be the next Stonehearth trailer music. At the beginning everything is lovely and wonderful.
And then comes the TITAN and smashes everything …

Can we vote to implement this music / create a list with the top ten music titles?

1 Like

Agreed. I’ve probably listened to it a good 10 or so times and I would love to hear this in game! Don’t make me turn the music setting down!

+1

Your composition goes up to 11. Good job, @Julian! :+1:

Andddddd Now I can take them to work with me thanks to Bandcamp :smiley:

Thanks for all the nice comments guys!

@FatKungFuu and thank you very much, good sir! :smile:

Edit: Also, feel free to leave suggestions for theme’s you would like to hear. I will be away for the holidays but I will be back and composing again early next year!

1 Like

can’t think of any track suggestions… suffice it to say, based on your last submission, anything you offer will be happily accepted! :wink: