Items droped on ground and never picked up again

Summary:

materials gets stuck to the ground and never picked back up, don’t know whats happend because it happens off screen / when i’am not looking. I can select the items but can’t clean them up or put a “loot” marker on them. it is mostly wood that gets stuck and around when i place down a building template. I have not tested this in the beta patches.

Steps to reproduce:

1. places a building template
  2. look away to make another building template
  3. I see items stuck to the ground when i check on them

Expected Results:

i see my citizens takes materials to build the template, looks over to another free space to make another template ready to build, I see the building is done and materials back in the stack pail.

Actual Results:

I see the building is done and some materials laying on the ground

Notes:

it happens to all my save files and its blocking the building space. happens all the time i’am putting down a template

Attachments:

I could not put more then 1 picture so i put in a link for 2 pictures

Version Number and Mods in use:

release-784 (x64), no mods

System Information:

windows 10 pro, AMD Ryzen 5 1600 six-core, 16 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970.

Are your workers busy? I’ve had this happen before when I had a section marked to be mined. The hearthlings were prioritizing mining over moving the materials. Opening the character menu and un-checking the mine option for a few workers fixed it. Might be something similar with you.

no… in fact… i was just waiting for like 5 min for one off them to come to pick them up

but nobody came

They will come eventually. You’ve given them way too much work to do. Coming back to clean up that stuff is very low priority. I’ve had to wait 15 and even 30+ min for Hearthlings to finally catch up with all their work until they finally came and picked up stuff like this. It’s hard because you get bored with waiting so you tell them to do something else. You feel like you haven’t given them THAT much to do… but you have… they are easily swamped with more work than they can complete in 5 or even 30 minutes. It’s really easy to do without even trying.

If something truly isn’t getting done AND they are all in the ‘idle’ state… 98/100 times it’s because they don’t have access to whatever it is you are expecting them to do. Even if it SEEMS like they should have access to it… they can’t figure it out. A few strategically placed ladders will fix that problem.