Issue with Stonehearth Game Launch on Steam

Hello,

I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to inform you that I recently purchased the game “Stonehearth” on Steam, but unfortunately, I’m experiencing some issues when attempting to launch the game. Whenever I click on the “Play” button, the game does not start, and the launch process terminates abruptly without messages to tell me what is the problem.

Subject: Issue with Stonehearth Game Launch on Steam

Dear [Your Name],

I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to inform you that I recently purchased the game “Stonehearth” on Steam, but unfortunately, I’m experiencing some issues when attempting to launch the game. Whenever I click on the “Play” button, the game does not start, and the launch process terminates abruptly.

To help resolve this issue, I managed to obtain some logs during the attempted launch. Here are the relevant logs:

2023-07-30 16:06:55.428159 |       server |  1 |                              app | Stonehearth Version 1.1.0.949 (x64)
2023-07-30 16:06:55.428159 |       server |  1 |                      core.config | user id is    73c9c48e-77a6-4842-9465-1bdcefd5111f
2023-07-30 16:06:55.428159 |       server |  1 |                      core.config | session id is 6dc49bf2-493c-4e34-9bf3-97a8bac03178
2023-07-30 16:06:55.428159 |       server |  0 |                              app | Steam present.
2023-07-30 16:06:55.429213 |       server |  0 |                      core.system | Initializing crash reporter

I’m not sure what could be causing the problem, but these logs might give you some insight into the issue. I was hoping you could help me troubleshoot and find a solution to get the game running smoothly.

If you have any suggestions or need any additional information, please let me know. Your assistance in resolving this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your attention, and I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Quick question. Have you tried launching the game as an administrator. Sometimes that helps.

Also if you haven’t already, I would advise you to go to the steam workshop on Stonehearth and adding the ACE pack. It’s a dedicated group of people who have picked up the game where the original creators were forced by Riot to abandon it. The Ace pack fixed a lot of bugs with the game, and adds so many new and better things to the game. It could also fix your start problem.

If the game starts with a black screen, give it a little bit of time, sometimes it is a little slow to start up.

I hope this helps.

Hello,

Thanks for your help, unfortunately I’ve already tried launching the game in administrator mode but that didn’t solve anything. I did as you told me, installing the ACE pack, but that didn’t solve anything

Thanks.

1: Go to this link: Index of /SSL/Archive

2: Download the file openssl-1.0.2i-x64_86-win64.zip (15th file down, or hit ctrl f and search for openssl-1.0.2i-x64)

3: Make a folder for Stonehearth dll back up (Mine is called SH-DLL) and place the unzip file in there. Place it in your main folder to be accessible (for future issue ie: re-verified files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth

4: Copy the files from the zip download libeay32.dll and ssleeay32.dll

5: Replace the files in x64 folder only (no where else)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\x64

6: Run the game

7: If Black screen wait 1 min the hit F5, if music is heard and menu doesn’t show hit F5
Enjoy. this will stop the random crashing like crazy and your running the game proper

1 Like