Increasing Light Intensity

So I got my ceiling lights in game and working (I think), but I can’t figure out how to increase the amount of light they give off. Anyone know what I’m supposed to change for that?

1 Like

that looks really nice even as a dim night light :+1:

1 Like

I think I like it because of how soft the light gradient is actually…all other light in the game is pretty harsh direct light maybe the color pallet is helping with that effect…anyway I find it interesting to look at :astonished:

btw, is it making a shadow of itself on the bed? seems like a problem :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

First you need to use the light component, which I guess you are using already, as:

"stonehearth:lamp": {
         "light_effect": "archipelago_biome:effects:tiki_torch_effect"
      },

There you add an effect, one that has lights (there are effects for many things, mostly cubemitters)

For example, look at data/effects/lamp_effect_wall. It is a file with two effects, one is a cubemitter, the other is the light emitting.
That is what you need, note that there is also an option there to show or hide its own shadow, like genboom mentioned about your lamp.

To see the guts of the light effects, check at the horde/animatedlights/, there are many light effect there, you can look and modify one of those for your purpose

I’ve already gotten that far, as I removed the cubemitter part and left just the light, and added the shadow to it. My problem is that the light part of the code makes no sense to me, thus I can’t figure out how to change it to make it brighter. Below is the light code from the firepit, as that was the brightest light I could find.

{
"name": "fire",
"duration": 0.2,
"loops": true,
"intensity": {
    "over_lifetime": {
        "kind": "RANDOM_BETWEEN_CURVES",
        "values": [ [[0.0, 0.7], [0.25, 0.7], [0.5, 0.7], [0.75, 0.7], [1.0, 0.7]],
                    [[0.0, 1.3], [0.25, 1.3], [0.5, 1.3], [0.75, 1.3], [1.0, 1.3]] ]
    }
},
"color": {
    "start": {
        "kind": "CONSTANT",
        "values": [1.0, 0.7, 0.1]
    }
},
"radius": {
    "over_lifetime": {
        "kind": "RANDOM_BETWEEN_CURVES",
        "values": [ [[0.0, 17.0], [0.5, 17.0], [1.0, 17.0]],
                    [[0.0, 21.0], [0.5, 21.0], [1.0, 21.0]] ]
    }
}

The firepit is kinda complex with all the changes over time to make it wave and flicker.

The color values are the rgb value of the color, pure white is 1,1,1, while pure red is 1,0,0

Radius is how far the light goes, measured in blocks.
Try simplify it with a constant value, like:

"values": [20]
    }

The same for intensity, which I guess is a value from 0 to 1, so try something like:

"values": [1]
    }

The keyword over_lifetime means that the value is variable through the time, note that the values are in pairs, the first number is the time (from 0 to 1) and the second is the value at that point in time

2 Likes