“values”: [
[0, 0.7],
[0.4, 0.7],
[0.7, 0.1],
[1, 0]
]
}
}

and well i have no clue what colour it currently is and what i have to do to change it.
can one of the experianced coders give me some help ^¢^
thanks in advance!

though i’m not certain if it still works, in the past when i was messing around with changing the colors of effects i used the old unofficial SHED effect editor,

it worked really well for me getting the right color.

hope that helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think it still works! :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you try SHED, make sure you go to Manage Mods and unpack the mods if you haven’t already or it won’t find any of the effects.

Once the mod is unpacked you can go into the Effect Editor and the list of effects is there. I pulled up some effects and it appears to still work although I didn’t look specifically for any alterations they made to the cubemitters.

To more specifically answer your question, the “over_lifetime_a” property is the alpha/opacity of the effect over it’s lifetime. The “over_lifetime_g” is the green component of the RGB color over the lifetime of the effect. I did a decently detailed writeup of this on the Github if you’re interested: Cubemitters · ziebelje/shed Wiki · GitHub

So the effect you pasted in your post looks like it starts out red and then turns yellow. You should be able to pull up the effect in SHED and start tweaking the file. If you save a change the effect will automatically update in SHED. Best way to learn is by playing with the values and watching how the effect changes.

2 Likes