Different colored lights for Lanterns?

I’m not sure how difficult this would be to implement, but some range of color choices for the light that lanterns put out might be nice.

8 Likes

I would imagine that later on this will be implemented. Although i’m of the opinion that they shouldn’t make a wide range of colors, I would limit it to “blue, green, red, yellow, and purple”

3 Likes

Oh, I wasn’t even thinking that many colors. I was actually more thinking along the lines of color temperature.

Right now the lanterns throw off what appears to be light in the 5000K temperature range, which is often called daylight blue. I was thinking it would be nice if we could go from about 2700K - which is just a bit more yellow than firelight - up to where it currently is.

That way you could get whatever quality of light you like best, but it would still fall in natural light ranges.

1 Like

It is - or was at least - possible to add own light effects (I think a recent update made it even easier, but that’s not knowledge, rather a hearsay). So I guess you could add your own lights and have laterns that simply attach a differen/random effect instead.

We did stuff like this in March, after all…

4 Likes

Somehow my reply for this got deleted. Huh.

Anyways, I first wanted to thank you for showing me this. I hadn’t even been aware that my life was missing sheep raves and now I am fulfilled.

Also, how is this done? Is it a mod or some menu option in game I’ve missed?

Thanks!

@RepeatPan made a little mod for the sheep raves way back in the day :slight_smile: . Pretty sure it won’t work in the current versions though :wink: .

1 Like