DT: Dark and Light, pt2

http://www.stonehearth.net/dt-dark-and-light-pt2/

Other Announcements

Stream happening as usual at 6:00pm PST, Thursday 5/25!

8 Likes

I try not to post on the forums unless it’s constructive or helpful, but the lighting and new night time and rendering looks AMAZING! :jubilant:

I can’t wait for this to be put into the playable builds. I’m the type of person who loves to place lanterns everywhere, but the old style made it just kinda spooky. And I’d confuse it for goblin campfires! So I’m beyond ecstatic for the new changes visually! And I’m also excited to see how they might come into play in terms of game mechanics! :jubilant:

9 Likes

For the love of the great bunny god, YES.

I’m in a constant mindfight with the “acid green” grass color at night (and somewhat even during the day). Appropriate lighting adds a TON to the atmosphere of the game (even without the additional light/dark gameplay mechanics).
I very much hope this will make it to the game.

PS. On a sidenote, it would also be very cool to see some explanations for the actual lighting mechanics afterwards - I have this old idea of adding light track support to SHED and improve my lanterns, but this makes more sense after the new lighting system comes into play.

3 Likes

Hey guys, did you made any progress on the lighting topic ? You haven’t talked about it for a while.

They were asked about it on yesterdays stream. They still want to do it but it’s currently on hold because other things have higher priority.

2 Likes

Oh, thank you Agon. I’m actually looking at the video right now. I guess I should have wait for the end :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like