In-Depth Map Editor

I think it will be in some shape or form, since obtaining seasons was in the stretch goals (unless it’s a static map option). Maybe altering the rate of cycling for the seasons could be another option for the editor, in order to create rapidly changing weather or dealing with long winters or scorching summers.

si si…

Seasons!: Horde food for the winter and farm up a storm in the summer
as the four seasons cycle over your town. Building, farming and
fighting all gain new depth as rising temperatures parch the land and
falling snows drive your settlers indoors.

this, definitely… as was evidenced in one of the recent live streams, things like this will (certainly) not be baked into the game, and will be controllable via mods… :+1:

Well yes, indeed, as the whole seasons and time thing itself was a mod, no? Made with the entire purpose that should people want to change things then they can. Ahhh Radiant, and their foresight and wisdom.

1 Like

I was thinking how Stonehearth possible could invent map making, when I thought about the Civilization V scenario system. I think you could do something similar but probably a bit better.

I mean that you make so you start in a custom world with a prebuilt town, but you could make tasks?

It’s already been discussed in a decent amount of detail here, and given @SteveAdamo’s merge addiction it’s likely that this will be moved there. I’d suggest reading through some of the stuff talked about there though and then saying what you think as there is a decent amount of stuff on what it should be able to do, how to do it and what it would need to do it.

Sorry Steve for depriving you of this merge!

1 Like

You don’t know what you’ve done…deprived of his merge, he shall enter a mad frenzy, merging random threads from all over the place that don’t fit; @voxel_pirate’s creations into a Desktop Tuesday, the MLP thread into the Xbox thread, @Froggy’s thread for his creations into one of mine (please, please, please)

1 Like

given that we can potentially stumble across outdoor structures in vanilla SH, extending the logic to have pre-built towns seems entirely possible…

rocks back and forth in the fetal position

4 Likes