These poor girls are starving to death at the bottom of a stupidly long dwarf-style stair case because they can’t figure out where the food is.
Steps to reproduce:
0) Suffer from medication withdrawal, and then stay up hours past your bedtime.
- Start a game in the desert.
- Bring a trapper’s knife.
- Start on a mountain.
- Ctrl+C “Destroy” one of your villagers because you’re making a lesbian dwarf wonder haven and you only managed 6 / 7 female starting villagers.
- Set up trapping zones so your one trapper can more or less feed the small starting village.
- Build a staircase out of the mine that reaches bedrock.
- Make a hallway extending ~120 blocks from the staircase because you wanted a viaduct before you started laying out floor plans.
This was clearly the perfect plan.
Accounting for the semi-horizontal nature of the staircase, you now have around 350 blocks walking distance between the workers and the mountaintop where the food’s happening. They have no knowledge of it. Attempting to put a food storage zone at the bottom of the stair case does nothing.
Teleporting a worker to the bottom of the staircase does nothing. Teleporting her to the mountaintop results in her immediately eating three jerkies. Then if you’re incredibly lucky, she attempts to put down a jerky in the same square the trapper is but from the opposite side, and the animations start unintentionally living up to the town’s name.
Les Orgios.zip (5.9 MB)
(I really hadn’t planned on anyone seeing this town name. Haven’t double-checked the board rules on perversion, but I apologize not even a little bit profusely nonetheless.)
Version Number and Mods in use:
Alpha 17, Build 3023
Better Stockpiles v0.17.1
Tents (Actually called just that. It has exactly one tent~)
Windows 10 64-bit
Toshiba Laptop (Satellite P855)
Intel i5 Processor, 4-Core, 2.5 GHz
6 GB RAM
680 GB Hard Drive
Integrated Graphics Card