I'm Just The New Guy

I just want to start off by saying, I’m not really sure what this discussion goes under…

I’m mostly curious as to how I can help with the game? I recently heard about the game and thought this game REALLY had lots of potential, because this game is two of my favorite types of games in one.

I know or think that you guys get A LOT of people asking if they can help and blah blah blah, but in the most sincere way, I just want to know how I can help. I’ve always wanted to take part in making a game, and by my understanding, this is what you’re letting your fans do.

So if there is any way I can help or do something to benefit this game, please share. I want you guys to get very far with this game, as I know you will.

I am an artist and will be willing to help in anyway I can, I don’t ask for anything, all I want is to help with artwork and ideas for characters, items, etc.

Thank you for your time, I very much appreciate it. :slight_smile:

hi @bookhertz … welcome aboard! :smiley:

i would suggest diving into the two areas of modding where others have been expressing their creative talents… qubicle constructor, the voxel building tool, used to create characters, weapons, armor and the link… as well as lua, the scripting language used to control many of the systems we’ll be playing in SH…

there are a number of other resources you can find on both these topics…

best of luck to you on this journey… :smile:

1 Like

@SteveAdamo seems to have it covered, but you said you were an artist? We haven’t really seen any artwork yet, so feel free to post any of that if you want!

Or apply your artistic talents to Qubicle, either way I look forward to seeing what you have to offer!

Thank you very much. :slight_smile:

One more question though, how do I get my hands on this voxel thing or Quibicle?

I will soon! Like I said, I’m new. :slight_smile:

Oh, never mind, I saw the link, thanks Steve!

The free trial of Qubicle can be downloaded from [urlhttp://www.minddesk.com/downloads.php] here [/url].

Also, a few tips about Discourse:

head to www.discourse.org and scroll down that front page for a general overview of some of the features of Discourse.

You can edit your posts by clicking the little pencil icon at the bottom of each post you make, I know we hound people for this, but it’s in the interests of keeping things tidy and we do it out of love.

As such if you make a comment and wish to comment again but you are the last commenter, would you mind just editing your last comment to include whatever it is you want to say?

Obviously if you’re posting models etc then you can use new comments :smile:

Oh, and if you like something you see posted for whatever reasons, just click the little heart icon at the bottom of the comment/ post :smile: if there’s anything else feel free to message @SteveAdamo or myself!

we really need a “discourse 101” thread pinned somewhere… i’m far too tired this evening, and you have studies to attend? putting this one on the “to do” list… :wink:

Yer it’s definitely something we need to get up here, it’s on the list :tongue:.

Studies … not so much, not today anyway. Work on the other hand … as in work work … yes.

You can edit the welcome “new user tips” PM that is automatically sent to all users when they join to include info on editing. That is under admin, content, new user tips.

Good luck getting people to read it, of course.

1 Like

That’s the kicker. Perhaps plaster it in the welcome PM as well as having a thread to ensure maximum coverage.

Like sunscreen minus the beach and babes. Doesn’t sounds as appealing now…

1 Like

I’ll be there in my mankini if that helps?

2 Likes

4 Likes

for some reason, i dont think thats too terribly far off the mark…

1 Like

That gnome really scares me.