I see dead people... Literally

@SteveAdamo ive been wanting to ask you… You and @Geoffers747 apperently have the power to close threads… Are you guys op members or something? And the same question about @voxel_pirate .

They are the forum moderators.

yea lets revive that again. Please someone? :smiley: it is my favorite discussion of all the threads on forum. :slight_smile:

though we should change the name to something better like: The cycle of life and death.

@Geoffers747 and I are moderators, as @newf mentioned… @voxel_pirate is an exceptionally talented member of the forums, has not been tainted by the powers of moderatorship… :smile:

You should feel lucky, @voxel_pirate, I was once a Mod on a Game Server, and it was Hell on Earth for me.

1 Like

How so? I always thought being Mod would be fun. (I am the proud owner of a minecraft server but I have never had anyone but friends on it)

This was on a different Game (Not MC) and there were Trolls, Griefers, and Hackers on it.

What game? (My guess is Garry’s Mod)

I forget actually, This was about a year or two back.

Ghosts in the game? HELL YEAH!

1 Like

Maybe only exorcists can see or deal with the dead creating a whole new class or maybe only the enlightened can see them but they are also opened up to the dangers of the ghost world.

Example mechanic:
7% chance of a villager spawning enlightened more likely
+2% for every spirit point above 5
+1% for every mind point above 5
-3% for every spirit point below 3
minimum chance of 0

oops forget the more likely bit

Sorry to go a little of topic, but I really liked what you said about a villager maybe being courageous or cowardly and thus fleeing from a ghost or not.

I was wondering if it is planned for villagers to have their own individualistic traits, anyone know?

We know that villagers will flee from aggressive units/ titans/ combat in general if they’re not combat units, so it wouldn’t be too hard to make them flee from ghosts :slight_smile:

Well we already have the character sheet, I think the team are wanting to have it so that each settler does have their own personality/ traits, if this impacts upon gameplay, and if so how deep that will run, is something I don’t believe we have an answer to yet!

as it pertains to “fight or flight”, i believe the answer is yes… boiling it down to the simplest terms, when faced with a potential conflict, it would seem units will “roll” and make a decision based on the outcome…

and we know the units will have a number of “motivations” that guide their actions:

• am i a combat oriented unit?
  • how strong is my opponent (is there a reasonable chance i might live if i stand and fight)?
  • is acquiring that lumber (near a mob) more important than avoiding a conflict?
  • can i reliably path somewhere safe?
  • are there other friendly units nearby?

All very interesting, thank you!

1 Like