How to support joint translation efforts?

I was insane enough to offer my help with that (German in my case) already over at Kickstarter while contemplating about joining Discourse ^^ Still not wanting to pull that offer back :slight_smile:

I hope we can release the German translation in the first days of the Beta already and I would also want to contribute to that :wink: ā€¦ just hope for a joint effort and that we can streamline it somehow.

2 Likes

I can try to help with the Dutch translations :smiley:

2 Likes

It all would depend on what is available, ease to use at that point and so on.
It could be very easy or quite hard, until now it does not look like a lot of text would be within the game. If that is the case, translating would be rather easy but we will have to see how it develops and more important how some things will work.

I can help with the English translation :smiley:

1 Like

My mod will support english and german. :wink:

Rome mod

If anything, I think German will be the easiest translation, mainly because of the massive population of German fans Iā€™ve seen here and on Steam. Unfortunately, I cannot help with any translations, because I only speak English (and I can kinda read Chinese. 2 years of High School Chinese, but thatā€™s about it) Iā€™d iffer to help with the English portion of things, but Iā€™m pretty sure thatā€™s not neededā€¦

I could imagine that there might be some people who would be more than happy to have a native English speaker who is willing to cross-check wording, spelling, etc. in a mod (written by someone who is not fluent in English).

2 Likes

Yep, soon will be time for team up some peoples for languages! :smiley:

I can help with the Spanish translation. Donā€™t get overexcited, @DaRKKoNNaN, I agree with other posts - thereā€™s still a long time before the beta, and maybe there wonā€™t be much text to translate.

Thx! ^^ well, i wanna translate mods too (more importantas mods only, gonna be impossible to translate all the mods xDD)

But i know, now we only can wait, and start to knows each others. That is really what i want before the beta.

Yeah I guess it would be great to play that game in the language you speak. For me Iā€™d love to play it in german but also english seems no problem to me, since then discussing in ther forum is much easier because everyone knows which item is ment (like in Dota2). But if help for translating the game into german is needed I am your man.

I can help with the Portuguese/Brazilian translation.

welcome aboard @SARDON! :smile:

thanks for the offer to help translateā€¦ :+1:

I read the title of this post and thought it was about animationā€¦herp derp

1 Like

Hey , itā€™s an interesting post and a clever initiative! I can help for the French translation.

1 Like

Count me in for Portuguese/Brazilian translation.

wow, another new member offering to help out of the gateā€¦ :+1:

welcome aboard @klarkgamer! :smile:

Maybe we should make a list with all the volunteers and the language they can translate in.

@bastiweb ā€œMaybeā€ is the friend of ā€œWill Never Happenā€ :stuck_out_tongue:. Just go ahead and do itā€¦ this thread was not really meant to gather volunteers, but to discuss how this work could be facilitated.