How to support joint translation efforts?

I think this is really fascinating too, and I’m glad you’re thinking about it, @amegaara! Basically, Psycopathic Misathrope swears a lot, but the game is supposed to be E for everyone, so he can’t use actual swearing. In fact, he probably shouldn’t even really say “screw this” except that he really does think of it like, to turn a screw, screw. Maybe I’ll replace it with “Rotate this.” or something similar. He can’t say the F-word either, but the word sounds like Fork, which also sounds like Spork, so he’s expressing the universal frustration all people feel when trying to use a lame plastic utensil to stab or cut things.

Hope that helps your translation efforts. Basically, I would advise replacing his lines with a humorous exclamation of aggravation.

I can’t talk more about Sid at the moment, but perhaps more will become clear in context. :slight_smile:

Yeah, this is probably because the font we use doesn’t support those characters natively, and the browser is falling back on some other font. If you find a font that really works for your translation efforts and that looks good, let us know… You should be able to replace the font in the css/less files, if you can see them.

It’s really really cool for Team Radiant to see the game in so many languages. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Thank you all so much. We are all charged up for the week now!

2 Likes