How to launch the x64 version

This is my first time posting, but I’ve been playing since Alpha 1. I hope this is the right place to post this question.
I am playing through Steam and Alpha 8 has been downloaded. I don’t have an issue actually starting or playing the game like some others have mentioned, but for some reason my client isn’t reading that it’s the x64 version.

According to the news post on the home page, we should see x64 in the bottom right corner, but I don’t see it at all (I even checked the other corners)

So I guess my question is, how do I go about launching the 64 bit version of Alpha 8?

My computer:
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1
Intel Core i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
16 GB RAM

I think that’s all the info on the computer that is really necessary at this point.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

first its on the left bottom - second have you set in steam that you want the latest build? if not you get build 205 in x86

Yes, my steam is set to automatically update before launching a game if there’s a new build.
I uninstalled Stonehearth and reinstalled with the same outcome.

Also my build is 0.1.0 (205) and it does not read x64 anywhere. Hence my confusion.

Okay, I figured out what you meant by latest build. Rather than the auto updating, you meant to opt into the beta for it to receive the unstable/latest builds.

That did work, so thank you for your help!

4 Likes

you must right click on stonehearth in steam then go to settings and there you find under beta the setting for the latest unstable build ^^ but if you use an amd-card there is at the moment an bug - so you must set something manuelly in your usersettings from steam to get it started ^^

link

1 Like

I’m glad you resolved it.

And welcome aboard :smile: !

3 Likes