How to create a mod?

Welcome to discourse @PapaBearUSMC :wave: :smile:! [quote=ā€œPapaBearUSMC, post:3, topic:30003ā€]
Looking for a little help to get this rolling. I have extracted the debugtools folder into my mods folder. No new icons appear in the corner of the game when I load up a game (tried twice, havenā€™t tried a completely new game).
[/quote]

If Iā€™m not mistaken, the downloaded .zip is named debugtools-master right? And the folder name inside it is the same too. When you extract the folder into your mods folder, remove the -master form the folder name :slight_smile:.[quote=ā€œPapaBearUSMC, post:4, topic:30003, full:trueā€]
Also, any chance there is a way to extract the objects currently in the game in .qb type file format? I would like to simply be able to start from something already in game and to scale to start editing.
[/quote]

You can just open the stonehearth.smod directly with winrar or 7zip. Most of the models are located in the entities folder inside the .smod file. You can start editing them with any voxel editor that supports .qb format.

Example voxel editors:

VoxelShop

StoneVox 3D

MagicaVoxel
http://voxel.codeplex.com/

Feel free to ask others on the forums for help :wink:.