How it works? – Market stall

I have a question about the new market stall in the game. With the large pantry you have the possibility to add items witch other players can buy from your city. The description but also says that travelers can buy certain items.

I have placed some in my town (singleplayer) but the travelers doesn’t buy items.

Maybe this model only works for multiplayer games?

Do the stalls have any items in them?

The original implementation was capped at tier 2, I think. But nowadays they are able to buy anytime.

Travelers keep a list of maximum 30 attractions to visit (so if you have 100 attractions they don’t consider all of them, for performance reasons). If one of them is a stall they will try to buy items from it for a while (some will be sold, others won’t).

It’s possible that the traveler hasn’t considered the stall yet, or that it’s low in the list and he doesn’t have the chance to go to it before bedtime, idk. Would need to check your savefile.

For multiplayer, other players can also click in your stalls and buy items from you. Though there’s also the option to send a trade.

1 Like

Ahh ok sounds legit!

Yes, i placed one of them in the city, selling clay

Attractions? What else will be handle as attraction?

Maybe its because i stocked items like simple clay on it and nobody want to buy them. :smiley:

Thy for the quick answer. Will try it with more sofisticate items and if this still doesn’t work i can also upload a savefile.

Items with the “stonehearth:traveler_attraction” component :slightly_smiling_face:

In general, fancy decorations / furniture. They will admire them (if they can get close to them). You will also see them sitting in random chairs. They come to see your town, not only to do business :smile:

ok :open_mouth: i think maybe it’s better to upload the savegame. During the game i never seen any traveler in my city. Also nothing when i placed a market stall and called for one.

sounds new for me :smiley: have to take a closer look at the json files. Can you tell me one for example? Looked in the code for the market shelf but i wasn’t able to find something…

{
   "type": "entity",
   "mixins": "file(market_shelf_tall_ground_wood_ghost.json)",
   "components": {
      "stonehearth:entity_forms": {
         "iconic_form": "file(market_shelf_tall_ground_wood_iconic.json)",
         "ghost_form": "file(market_shelf_tall_ground_wood_ghost.json)",
         "placeable_on_ground": true
      },
      "destination": {
         "region": [
            {
               "min": {
                  "x": -1,
                  "y": 0,
                  "z": -1
               },
               "max": {
                  "x": 1,
                  "y": 3,
                  "z": 2
               }
            }
         ],
         "adjacency_flags": [
            "front",
            "back"
         ]
      },
      "region_collision_shape": {
         "region": [
            {
               "min": {
                  "x": -1,
                  "y": 0,
                  "z": 0
               },
               "max": {
                  "x": 1,
                  "y": 3,
                  "z": 1
               }
            }
         ]
      },
      "stonehearth:storage": {
         "type": "input_crate",
         "capacity": 20,
         "render_contents": true,
         "filter_list": "stonehearth:ui:stockpile:filters",
         "is_single_filter": true
      },
      "stonehearth:player_market_stall": {}
   },
   "entity_data": {
      "stonehearth:net_worth": {
         "value_in_gold": 65,
         "rarity": "common",
         "shop_info": {
            "buyable": true,
            "sellable": true,
            "shopkeeper_level": 3,
            "shopkeeper_type": "caravan"
         }
      },
      "stonehearth:appeal": {
         "appeal": 4
      },
      "stonehearth:item_quality": {
         "variable_quality": true
      }
   }
}

That’s because travelers will only appear if you’ve reserved a bed for them (in the bed ownership window). They will stay the night and might leave a gift when they depart. The other stalls that we had from earlier will now just open a random shop in the UI, they won’t spawn travelers.

That doesn’t look like the latest code :thinking: all the market shelves have this:

"stonehearth:storage": {
         "type": "input_crate",
         "capacity": 20,
         "render_contents": true,
         "filter_list": "stonehearth:ui:stockpile:filters",
         "is_single_filter": true
      },
      "stonehearth:player_market_stall": {},
      "stonehearth:traveler_attraction": {}

have to check the sh files i’m working with! maybe there are not the lastest version :wink:

with this post you answered all my questions xD

no travelers without a bed assigned for travelers :smiley:

1 Like

Ok just a question about this. Why i can’t assign a bed for travelers?

There seems to be a problem with the UI

here is the savegame. Maybe someone can explain why this function isn’t abilitate
SAVEGAME

Was the bed perhaps crafted before you had that version of the game? Don’t know if it matters, seems weird, but you know, maybe.
Or maybe it’s because the game was started in an old version.
Nice looking buildings. :slight_smile:
Also, there was a blog post about the travelers.
http://www.stonehearth.net/release-notes-898/

Thx Agon! :slight_smile:
I don’t think that the game version could be the problem. I started the city last week. So the traveler update was already published :confused:

@pingu, did you reach your maximum citizens? If so that could be the case why you can’t.
The option should appear near the top of the bed assignment window, but you won’t be able if you already reached your citizen cap (performance reasons).

Nope, my citizen limit is by 30 Hearthlings :confused:

But… The limit was set to 20 when i started the game. Changed this option after i reached the max number of Hearthlings. (I don’think this could be the problem, i can always accept new citizens so the max number was updated with the new setting)