How can I help? (WALL OF TEXT)

Hello, dear readers.

SirStafford here with an odd but powerful question.
I’ve never been a part of an early access game’s community before and I feel the intense desire to help in any way I can. This game is great and I feel that it means a lot to me, and will continue to mean a lot to me. It’s exactly the kind of game I’ve been looking for the past few years.

I want to be a big part of it’s development and growth, but I don’t posses the programming or art skills to justify applying directly to Radiant Entertainment. I know that helping other players with issues on this forum is a way to help. I know that telling others about the game and spreading knowledge of it’s existence is a help, but I want to do MORE!

So, I thought to myself today, "I wonder if and how much time RE employees spend on these forums. Would there be a better way to streamline the Player to Creator information?"
The devs have 3 live streams a week to show us what’s going on, talk about the week, and field a few questions, but it’s mainly a Creator to Player talk. I’ve only seen one stream so far, so maybe I’m wrong and Wednesdays are set aside for pure Q and A. I don’t know. I’m new.

I had an idea, and if it’s unfeasible or unnecessary, just say so and let me know what else I can do. My idea is this: I make a weekly (or bi-weekly) YouTube video aimed directly at Radiant. People post questions, comments, concerns, fan-art, love letters, hate mail, whatever in the thread between videos and I relay them in a swift audio/visual medium directly to the creators. I feel this would cut the time taken away from their hard work to listen to us down and maybe even be a real treat for them. (It’d also give me the chance to really give back, put some work into this game in a way that I can, and hopefully be a part of the development)

It’s the same idea as writing a group letter to somebody. Let me be the delivery boy. I know that they are a small company (6 strong and growing!) and time is precious. If we could condense and streamline our feelings into a half an hour or so a week, maybe that would help.

Again, I’m super new here and to this whole process, so if all the team members are always on the forums already and this idea is a redundant total waste of time, just say so. But, PLEASE…

Let me know what I can do to help. What we can ALL do to help. I’m not sure if I’m only speaking for myself, but this game is amazing and I want it to be what the developers dream and hope it will be and more.

Thank you for your time.

2 Likes

hey there @SirStafford … welcome aboard! :smile:

this is quite a thoughtful gesture, but the team has been very transparent throughout the entire development process (as you are well aware)… in addition to the streams, the team does indeed spend a good deal of time monitoring the forums, and chiming in whenever necessary…

but having another helpful forum member is always welcome! :+1:

2 Likes