Help cant save the game - Stonehearth stops responding

i can’t save the game
and if i press F5 nothing coming back

Can you add some screenshots or write a little bit more?
Is there no svae button or there is one but nothing happens when you click on it?
What about autosave?

It will say autosave but it will not realy save the game so if i close the game, the new save’s are not visible at all andcan’t del any save game.

Hmm did you open up the stonehearth save game folder to look up if there are files and which time stamp those files have?

You will find the save game folder when you right click on the game in your steam library and select properties.
Than go to the local files tab and klick on search local files(or something like that).
Now open the save game folder.

But to make things short, how about deleting stonehearth and installing it anew?

i try everthing to get the game save working, install, del the compleet game and install. but still not working ( the save the game ) please get this bug. want is not fun to play a game what can’t save

Have you enabled the admin rights in the compatiblity Menu?

what do you mean with that?
i have this problem since the unstable alfpha 15

If you click with your right mousebutton on the stonehearth Icon there is a compatiblity Menu and there activate admin rights… I think your System doesn’t allow saving anymore

i have stoneheart from steam i don’t know if that work

Then go in the Steam folder and there you will find stonehearth and Set it there for the exe File… I will send the correct directory when im home

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth there you will find the stonehearth.exe also you will find a secondone in the subfolder x64 - activate for both the compatiblity with admin rights and test it again ^^

this happends after stop saving the game

More or less the translation would be:
Stonehearth no longer works
There is a problem which the program does not work properly. The program will close and a message will appear if a solution access is not available.
[exit program]

@pvzwam, could you go to this folder?
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth

And see if there’s a file called crash.dmp?
Also, in that folder there should be a file called user_settings.json.
Can you open it with notepad and copy here the user_id ?

i don’t have anything to open that

? No notepad? Normally thats preinstalled on win and Mac xD

1 Like

@pvzwam, do you have any text editor on your computer? You should be able to open it fine with notepad.

just to clarify, you are talking about opening the .log file, not the .dmp file, right?

1 Like

The user_settings file, of course.

1 Like

oh, woops! i read user_settings as stonehearth.log somehow… i really needs some more coffee…

1 Like

assertion faild: header. compression==
COMPRESSION NONE [c:\rb\ihome\root\SH-OB0-BUILD\stonehearth\source\lib\voxel\qubicle_file.cpp;67}

error :pensive:

this happends after the game stop saving

1 Like