Help! Cant remove Red Clay Door

I removed a house that i had custom built and the door never got removed and is now stuck floating there.

Can you mark it for destruction?

Do you have a savefile where we can reproduce the floating door, @Rubiks_gamer?
If so, could you upload it?

1. Find the save folder for the saves you wish to upload. By default, they are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install).
  2. Zip the folder.
  3. Right click the folder (should be a long set of numbers).
  4. Left click on Send to in the menu that appears.
  5. Left click on `Compressed (Zipped) folder).
  6. (Optional) Rename the folder to something different than the default set of numbers.
  7. Upload the save.
  8. If the zip is less than 10 MB, you can upload it directly. Either use the upload button or drag and drop it into the compose window,
  9. If larger than 10 MB, upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

Welp this just happend to me as well my wooden doors are floating. No idea how to remove them :frowning:

toggle on the debug tools in the mods thing in the main menu, load your save. shift-leftclick said door. delete/destroy it. save game. turn debug tools back off. reload game. rejoice. :stuck_out_tongue:

it is in a multiplayer game though dont know if we activate the debug tools in multiplayer as well?

You can try with the console too, select the door and press Ctrl+C to open the console. Then type destroy and press Enter (Esc to close the console).

Debugtools can be enabled for multiplayer and shouldn’t give conflict when joining a game though.

Do you know any way to reproduce this? Perhaps it’s related to multiplayer? :thinking:

Thanks alot for your help! The console tip was very usefull since we didnt have to restart the whole game 2 times for activating and deactivating debugtools!

As of a way to reproduce i am not sure. Maybe when you build a custom building and have multiple doors not towards the outside. Since the doors floating for me where the one inside the building connecting to another room.

I will try some stuff out in sandbox mode later tonight and see if i can reproduce it anyway!

2 Likes

So i just tested a whole bunch of custom buildings that i used in the multiplayer game with my friends. I tested all of these in singleplayer.

To no avail unfortunately.

So my thinking is that it happens in multiplayer when you get out of sync with the host.

Since mine happend when i accidentely deleted my building (yes im stupid). My building was gone for me but for everyone else in the game my building was still there. So i was out of sync with the host and the rest ( i think not 100% sure) Why not 100% sure? Since we saved the game and restarted it and then my building was gone for everyone else as well. Do not know exactly how they sync the buildings in the game and everyone else. But yeah after all that happend there where still the 2 floating doors.

Hope this can help the devs/testers in anyway!

PS:
This is what your ground looks like after building a few buildings :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thank you very much, @stewieII!
Much appreciated :smiley:

1 Like