Hearthlings sitting where the campfire used to be

Summary:
the Hearthlings are sitting where the campfire used to be instead of where it is now. I moved the campfire onto a piece of a path before it was finished and the Hearthlings didn’t move the campfire so I insta-build it.
Steps to reproduce:

1. move original campfire onto an unfinished path
  2. insta-build because Hearthlings didn’t move the campfire

Expected Results:
not haveing to use insta-build and for Hearthlings to be sitting at the campfire at its current location instead of its previous location.
Actual Results:
the Hearthlings are sitting where the campfire used to be instead of where it is now
Notes:

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:
Relese - 707
System Information:

2 Likes

I’ve also found another problem with campfires. Because there is a tagging error in the code for the campfire (or something like that), the hearthlings won’t move it unless there is a stockpile or crate that accepts "all". A hearthling has to put it into a container and then another task gets ordered to place it in the new spot.

The issue is caused by insta-build. Hearthlings won’t detect the new location.
The current engine doesn’t like when you move items into in-progress buildings, so it’s always preferable to wait until the building is finished before adding extra items in it.

For them to place the firepit that was stuck as ghost, instead of moving it, try undeploying it first.
Now that they’re going to the wrong place, try undeploying the firepit and placing it again. Maybe that will refresh the position.

2 Likes