Hearthlings not Placing Objects

Summary:
Hearthlings aren’t placing furniture in houses, but any items placed outside are still placed normally. This results in the inability to finish a construction project.
Steps to reproduce:

1. Start the game
  2. Expect villagers to build an unfinished project

Expected Results:
The villagers will get to work on the unfinished house immediately, placing windows, beds, etc.

Actual Results:
The villagers just idle. Any furniture placed in manually will only place the miniature version of the object.

Notes:
Reloading the game from a savefile doesn’t seem to help.

Attachments:
Savefile: https://drive.google.com/open?id=13Uh2ItRK7ifMyY54pD-l951LTW5G5vGn

Version Number and Mods in use:
Latest stable version, no mods

System Information:
Windows 10, 64 bit

Thanks for posting, I am experiencing the same issue.

For some reason if I start a new building project and place the furniture using that then hearthlings do place them. However not as ideal as my items have various quality levels.

I’ve got this issue too, and if the furniture is where a ladder needs to go they undeploy it and then never finish the building. Also they don’t undeploy a lot of objects which is frustrating.

I have the same issue. I doesn’t matter if it’s a bed or a window, some items just don’t get placed and it’s kind of infuriating.

I loaded your save in the latest version (the unstable branch, accessible via the Steam beta code “latest”) and couldn’t reproduce the issue. The one building in progress in the save was waiting for a Fine window, and once the carpenter crafted it, the building completed correctly. I also tried creating a new building with some furniture and fixtures, and that also built correctly.

Can you try undeploying an anvil? On my last 3 new games for the last 3 updates my anvils have forever sat there never being undeployed…I’ve had to use commands to destroy them every time, even when everyone’s only got hauling on and all the other workshops have been moved they won’t undeploy the anvils. I figure if you’re checking placement maybe you wouldn’t mind checking unplacement too lol.

Good catch! I think it’s missing some material tags :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Indeed! Fixed in the next release.

2 Likes