Hearthlings don't use health potions

Summary:
I had an herbalist producing many many health potions because my soldiers were badly injured, however, nobody used the potions. My soldiers all ended up dying because they wouldn’t stop patrolling to use a potion. I don’t know if this is because of something else, but I read that health potions only work when a hearthling is asleep and I haven’t seen the soldiers sleep once, so that could be why they never use health potions.
Steps to reproduce:

1. Have injured soldiers
  2. Have health potions (any kind) in stockpile
  3. idk, wait for the soldiers to heal on their own?

Expected Results:

Actual Results:

Notes:

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:
Alpha 15, no mods
System Information:

Insofar as I’m aware, Hearthlings won’t actually use the health resources (bandaids, health potions). It’s the herbalist who actually uses these items on other people (hence the level 4? trait that allows the herbalist to attend to more people). So, if your herbalist is constantly busy producing items I don’t believe that they will actually use them to attend to others who need them.

What works for me is keeping a required amount crafted (=10 or so), and then as soon as injured soldiers come back home the herbalist will treat them pretty much right away.

2 Likes

How low health were your footman, and how many did you have? What level was your herbalist? By default, a lvl 0 herbalist can attend to 2 injured Hearthlings. There need to be free beds for the Hearthlings to lay in (Bed Ridden, not Sleeping), and a herbalist can take a health potion or bandage from a stockpile (can’t simply be on the ground) and use it on a Hearthling in a bed.

If all the above is what you had (except no healing), please upload the affected save game so we can take a look!

To upload a save, locate the folder in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install), zip the individual save’s folder (not the entire saved_games folder), and upload it. If the *.zip is less than 10 MB, feel free to upload it directly to the Discourse. If larger, please upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

1 Like