Goblins dying at the edge of the map

I don’t know if this is a bug, because I can’t verify it because obviously not all mobs drop loot but every time I chase a general to the edge of the map (no matter how I try to kite or pull or circle back and ‘corner’ it or what have you, I’m seeing the mob run off the map in their death throe. They try and try to flee off the map, run the edge, we’re chasing and chasing to try to finish it off, and then it finally dies in a puff of purple smoke off the edge of the map – or at least this is what it seems like from my perspective.

It’s very difficult to “pull” in any sense because the hearthlings won’t stand in formation on defense, they will wander off. So this means going to the goblins/mob camp if I want to get rid of the threat proactively … and that invariably results in some outliers running off to the edge of the map.

I don’t know if this is going to be a nonissue at release because I saw mention somewhere of the maps being indeterminately larger, and I don’t know if it is just bad luck the handful of times it’s happened.