Dev 2521 Traitorous Hearthlings and Lazy Goblins

No error pops up for this and there has been no loss of hearthling life to this bug. Just a thing I noticed happening frequently.

If there is a goblin camp or fire anywhere on the map, my hearthlings turn traitor. Around half of my available hearthlings (not doing jobs or eating) will wander to the goblin camp to relax around their fire instead of my camp’s fire. The goblins do not attack them or seem to react in anyway and the hearthlings don’t attempt to flee when they get there.

It’s not a game-breaker or overly important, you just lose time when they have to make their return trip (sometimes from a considerable distance across the map) when they return to work/sleep/eat.

2 Likes

I’ve seen this a few times as well. I assume its just that the Hearthlings go to the nearest campfire that is available, and so if there is a nearby goblin encampment, they default to that location? Maybe there’s something more to it, but I agree, its hard to notice, and eats into worker efficiency quite a bit.

2 Likes

That was my first thought too. Then I noticed a line of hearthlings marching across the map with 3 active campfires in my camp and only 3 hearthlings around one of them, the other two empty. I’m beginning to think that area around my camp smells like feet after dark or the goblins just have a better nightlife

2 Likes

What can you say, maybe the Goblins have unlocked the Brewer class already :laughing:
I have a feeling this is more of an unintended occurrence than a bug/feature, but I don’t think it’d be too terribly hard to fix (if its not intended to be this way).

3 Likes

That’s what I’m thinking, more of a side effect of something than an actual bug. I found an older bug that was similar that resulted in the mass slaughter of the affected hearthlings…this is an improvement lol

1 Like

Are you currently satisfying the goblin chief’s requests? Are the goblins brown to you? If so then you’re all friendly, and all firepits are fair game. :slight_smile:

Can we add the bed thing back? Have the gob’s sleeping in unoccupied beds at our settlements if we are friendly :slight_smile: Also share meals with us?

I’m always at war with the goblins, keeps my hearthlings on their toes lol. I’ve noticed there seems to be an issue with having all access to a village blocked to enemies (gates and fences etc). If your village is completely secure, none of the bad guys will engage in combat or pursue.