Goblin Griefing

So then, I went back a little ways and completely removed all of my stock piles. Back again between day 10 and 15 the goblin bully event spawns and no way in hell am I going to take their nonsense lying down. They send their “raiding party” of again and I had my militia meet them. Sense I had no stock pile for them to rummage through, they finally felt inclined to stop ignoring my forces.

Now take in mind, these are armored goblins. They mopped the floor with my early game militia. This event was clearly designed to just grief your items, because a couple of footmen are not going to beat two armored goblins in a fair fight at regular intervals. I think I might have to put this game back down at this point.

1 Like

nope, that means you took too long to get a blacksmith and their stuff :yum:
in any situation an unequiped fighter will have troubles against an armored foe

to be fair it’s harder with rayyas…

i had troubles loong ago trying to fight anything 'till i found the same words…
remember no enemy will wait untill you get ready so move faster :wink:

I’m supposed to have a leveled blacksmith by day 14???
I barely have a level 3 footman!

well its not so much blacksmith as “at least a pair of footman, with a shield and a stone maul, preferably some kind of armour, and if you want to be safe, at very least a herbalist, preferably a cleric.”

1 Like

After trying different things, I am now able to resist the goblin raids. maybe because this time the game seemed to act more normal. That’s RNG for you I guess. Speaking of goblins, the real reason I’m here.

I had a goblin camp event occur while I am dealing with the goblin chief event. These two goblin camps were very far apart, but apparently both sets of goblins considered both camps “theirs”. I caught the chief’s goblins and himself trying to patrol and wander over to the freshly spawned goblin camp, which also happened to be on the other side of my base. They tried to path through my base. BTW, the chief apparently did not try to defend himself when patrolling or whatever.

This was just real weird.

1 Like

Yea i also just wanted to tell him to build a Warehouse.
Who wouldn’t try to steal thing laying on the ground ? right :smiley:

I see lots of interesting things here but my question is why is it so out there to have kamikaze destructive goblins? This is not a new idea by any means and has been reproduced many times.

I’ll admit the actual implementation is crude but then again this is still in development and that will likely change at some point. I think the goal was to challenge the player to try new things and be a bit more aggresive with their progression.

In all honesty I’ve never even been hit by this raiding party. Any raids that came for my camps were quickly taken care of. You can even just set your flag next to your targeted stockpile and initiate Town Alert as a last resort. Strength in numbers. And one of the first things you should rush to acquire is a cleric, it almost doesn’t matter who, just a cleric. It’ll make the difficulty curve a bit more approachable.

As for improving the raid encounter? Hmm. I personally like that there is an enemy that my knight can’t just face tank away. I personally think it might be fine as is for now. At least they aren’t sappers that blow up your stuff. Too many enemies run away as it is and chasing them is a downright hassle, especially without an archer equipped with the right arrows.

The problem isn’t that the concept can’t work, it’s that it’s wildly out of place in its current implementation, as has been discussed in a fair amount of depth in this thread.

I suppose, as the goblins tend to be greedy rather than destructive. Honestly combining the raid mechanics with the ravenous wolves would be interesting and let them ravage your crops and food supplies. Then it would make more sense for them to be less self preserving and destroy your stuff.